Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/04/politics/gun-incident-fake-news/index.html
Washington (CNN) A suspect arrested Sunday with an assault rifle at a Washington, DC pizzeria admitted he had come to investigate an online conspiracy theory, Washington's Metropolitan Police Department said Sunday evening in a statement. Police have identified him as 28-year-old Edgar Maddison Welch of Salisbury, North Carolina. "During a post arrest interview this evening, the suspect revealed that he came to the establishment to self-investigate 'Pizza Gate' (a fictitious online conspiracy theory)," the police department said in a statement.
iirc the Podesta emails were very specific and incriminating ....

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently, this was a false flag event in an attempt to discredit the #pizzagate scandal.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
works good for me, then again I use ghostery and adblock plus

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Apparently, this was a false flag event in an attempt to discredit the #pizzagate scandal.
My first thought also. Discredit the scandal through a surrogate nut case. After all, pizzagate was discredited by Snopes!

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
#FakeNews

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Glad someone finally made a thread about it

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,140 Posts
So who thinks there was reasonable suspicion that Podesta's emails about getting pizza were code words for "let's go molest the children being held as sex slaves at Comet Ping Pong & Pizza place!" ??

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
John and Robbie were just having an innocent personal exchange over email about lunch.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
What is "fake news"? Does that mean a story that isn't covered by CNN or MSNBC or the New York Times? Does it mean a narrative that isn't approved for release by the DNC?

Does a misleading or incomplete or outright wrong story by the New York Times, such as its latest hit piece on concealed carry, count as "fake news"?

Basically, is it the specific story that constitutes "fake", or the source of the story that makes it fake?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
So who thinks there was reasonable suspicion that Podesta's emails about getting pizza were code words for "let's go molest the children being held as sex slaves at Comet Ping Pong & Pizza place!" ??
According to the FBI's own intelligence I'd say its fairly likely.

Do you think I'll do better playing dominos on cheese than on pasta?

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I remember when the media was attempting to do the same thing when the Monica
Lewinsky scandal broke.

Anyone who actually thought Clinton was having an affair was simply cray-cray.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Was it "fake news" when Australia's "60 Minutes" reported on the British equivalent?

Here's the Australian report - at least until youtube yanks it.

1 - 20 of 288 Posts