Pizza deliveryman kills suspected robber, 14

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Pizza deliveryman kills suspected robber, 14

By SAEED AHMED
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 11/27/06

A 14-year-old boy, who authorities said was trying to rob a pizza delivery man, was shot and killed by the intended victim late Sunday night in southwest Atlanta.

The boy was part of a group of teens, numbering about four, who tried to rob the pizza store employee at the Huntingwood Pointe apartments in the 2900 block of Campbellton Road shortly after 10 p.m.

Authorities said the driver, who works for a neighborhood pizza parlor, pulled out a gun and fired, hitting and killing the boy.

Police did not say whether they planned on charging the driver, adding they were still investigating

2. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Great job pizza Dude! Just hope he had a GFL...Then again, if he was in his car, he probably didn't need one...Either way, another good example to support peoples right and justification to bear arms...

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Good thing he doesn't work for one of major pizza chains. His heroic actions would've cost him his job.

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

As some friends of the little bastard told the media, all he wanted was a pizza. The guy didn't have to go and shoot him over it. Now, he'll never live to be 15... Etc., etc., etc.

I'm telling ya, it really choked me up. I almost started crying. The unfairness of it all... Why couldn't someone have given him a pizza? Why did he have to die trying to steal one? Boo hoo!!!

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Only a lad
    You really can't blame him
    Only a lad
    Society made him
    Only a lad
    He's our responsibility
    Only a lad
    He really couldn't help it
    Only a lad
    He didn't want to do it
    Only a lad
    Hes underprivileged and abused
    Perhaps, a little bit confused . . .

Its not his fault that he can't behave
    Society made him go astray
    Perhaps if were nice he'll go away
    Perhaps he'll go away
    He'll go away - ay!

From "Only a Lad," by Oingo Boingo, on the early 80s album by the same name.

6. tony218

tony218 New Member

malum!!!!! oingo boingo????
    well, i never would have thought it......

7. Foul

Foul New Member

Anyone know what pizza place this was?
    I'd personally like to purchase some pizzas from these guys as a "Thank You" for not being a victim.

8. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

9. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Crap like that really ticks me off. It's this same line of reasoning that gives us the the phrase "I'd never kill anyone who broke into my house to steal my TV."

Sure all he wanted was a pizzz, then all he wanted was his tip money, then all he wanted was his car, then all he wanted was his dignity, then all wanted was his life.

I'll stop the slippery slope at the summit, thank you very much.

10. flyin929

flyin929 New Member

I was listening to Chris Krok tonight on WSB750 and according to him the delivery man had been robbed several times in the past including being pistol whipped during one of the assaults, all the while carrying. If that is correct, the man has shown incredible restraint in the past.
    You gotta have a pinch of pity on the boy though, maybe his folks should be shot too.

11. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

"I pity the fool" Mr. T

I heard on WSB 750 this morning that the dead perp was on house arrest. It sure looks like house arrest is working to curb sociaties problems. Oh what am I saying, it worked for Martha Stuart, she is back on TV.
    Take care, :woohoo: :woohoo: :^o
    TJ

12. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

New Details

The 44-year old Pakistani immigrant (a legal permanent resident with a green card, and a carry permit, he says) gave a telephone interview recently. AJC.com is reporting the story with the new details.

The intended victim says that he had already completed the delivery of the pizza when the group of teenagers intercepted him on the way back to his parked car. They demanded his car keys and told him to lay down on the ground, and the handed-over the keys, but he would not lay down helpless on the ground for them to do with him what they wanted.

Some of the punks seemed satisfied to just get the car. They got in it. But one of them, the soon-to-be deceased 14-year old thug known by the street name "Big Boi" came closer to the pizza guy and demanded his cellphone, apparently spotting a bulge in the deliveryman's pocket or along his waistline. So the pizza guy said "OK, I'll give you the cellphone too!" and reached down... and came up with a.... guess what? That's not a cellphone! That's a GUN! BANG BANG BANG. The boldest of the robbers died on the spot, and his buddies bailed out of the car and ran.

Sounds like a perfectly good way for a robbery to end. I only hope that all other members of the YPC (Young Paper Chasers) gang are rounded-up on sight and questioned about their possible involvement in the robbery, and if they know who was with Big Boi when he pulled his last "job."

ONE FINAL NOTE: It's difficult for a pizza delivery guy to carry a deadly weapon on his person and still deliver pizzas without breaking the law. Many times the place of delivery will be a public gathering, either due to the number of people actually gathered for some common purpose, or due to the building in question being publicly owned or managed.

We ought to cite this case as an example of why our laws should be changed to allow licensed CCW holders to carry their guns, at least temporarily and incidental to other lawful business, to public gatherings.
    That way pizza delivery guys (and other types of couriers, and taxi drivers, and traveling salesmen, etc.) will not have to choose between their safety and making a sale to a person at a "public gathering" location.

13. kkennett

kkennett New Member

My personal favorite was one the other neighborhood 'children' quoted as saying something like, 'it ain't worth killing him over a pizza.' In other words, when we seek to rob you and the apparent value of what you possess is small, you should take our assurances that we mean you no further harm and just fork it over. :puke: I'm with gunsmoker, sounds like a perfect ending to an attempted robbery to me. Perhaps the other neighborhood 'children' will learn a very tough lesson. More than a hundred hours of police patrols, this may be good for the crime rate in the 'hood.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Re: New Details

Gotta link?

Sounds like he exercised too much restraint in this instance, too!

The public gathering law ought to be repealed. This is not something any other state does! It is unnecessary and offensive. Shootings by peaceable citizens at public gatherings, even accidental, is just not a realistic concern.

Wynne v. State, 123 Ga. 566 (1905)

On July 4, 1904, there was a public barbecue at Hillman, in Taliaferro county, at which negroes and some white people gathered, to the number of some 400 or 500.

And the holding: A barbecue on the 4th of July, at which the public is assembled in considerable numbers, constitutes a public gathering within the meaning of the statute.

Isn't the Fourth of July supposed to be about liberty? Repeal this law! :soapbox:

Whew! Ok, back on track. Um, gotta link to the story? :)

15. Malum Prohibitum

11Alive link, and they got this part right!

Usually they say something like "he had a permit to own the gun" or he had a legally registered . . ." and so on.

16. Malum Prohibitum

"Police have referred the case to the Fulton County District Attorney’s office, so prosecutors can decide whether or not to file any charges against Mahmood . . . "

17. Malum Prohibitum

Super Crown Pizza
    2006 Delowe Drive Southwest
    Atlanta, GA 30311
    (404) 755-4430

IF they do not serve alcohol . . .

18. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

If they do then this guy may have some trouble on his hands....

19. Malum Prohibitum

Big Boi's friends mourn and pour liquor and soda on the ground to wash away the blood.

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/metro ... pizza.html

Mr. Mahmood worked 17 to 18 hours a day to support his family . . . and the police detained him for 6 hours and kept his car and gun.

A brave Mr. Mahmood doubts he will quit. "If I stopped, more guys will get encouraged and rob more people," Mahmood said.

20. tony218

tony218 New Member

Big Boi's friends mourn and pour liquor and soda on the ground to wash away the blood

THAT ARTICLE SAID THE "BOYS" WERE 17 -18 YRS. OLD
    I WONDER HOW THEY GOT LIQUOR....
    MAYBE FROM GRIEVING PARENTS......