Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/pizza-delivery-driver-shoots-suspect-during-robber/njmwr/

DeKalb County, GA â€"
When a woman delivering pizzas in DeKalb County was ordered to the ground by a man with a gun, she fired back. Armed with her own gun, she shot the man Sunday night, according to police.
The employee of a Columbia Drive Papa John’s wasn’t injured, her mother told Channel 2 Action News. But the woman is worried the incident could get her fired because she carried her gun for protection.
http://www.wsbradio.com/videos/news/pizza-delivery-woman-shoots-robber/vC9tsx/
Wow, the call may have been a setup.. Second suspect jumped into her vehicle and drove off. The reporter, sounded like he was on her side about the fear of losing her job over carrying a gun that may have saved her life.

·
Cross-drawer
7,322 Posts
She will more than likely lose her job, and be better off for it. Someone else will see this and hire her. That is my hope anyway.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Funny that we would be discussing Papa John's and firearms on another section of the forums.

I love me some Papa John's, but if they get rid of her (and I know it's a high probability) I'm going to have to find another company to go with for my pizza desires!

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it would be a financial hardship, but the other drivers could stand together and refuse to deliver if they fire her. People could also stop order from them and let them know why.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
Shot him in the face. He will remember that every time he looks in a mirror.

Good on ya lady!

Nemo

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My google-foo seems to be lacking today. I'm not finding anything outside WSB that is covering this story. :-k

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
People are all over Papa John's Facebook standing up for this woman. I posted to their page as well voicing my opinion they should retain her, less they lose customers, myself being one of them.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:jawdropper:Times, they are a changing. How long before the crazy mom'z go all Final Destination on this poor girl and demand the natural balance be restored? Or at least protest Papa John's?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That's good that they didn't fire her, but without any change in their policy and by transferring her to working in the store, now they're making her even more defenseless than before unless she really wants to risk being fired by carrying in the store.

·
Banned
1,267 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts

·
Cross-drawer
7,322 Posts
Moving her inside she will make a LOT less money. Those tips add up. One of my sons delivers for PJ's.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Interesting. This could be how corporate policies start changing.
I suspect that policy won't change. For liability purposes, they will maintain a no-firearms policy - knowing full well that some will choose to ignore it. In the rare event like this one where there is a shooting, they will evaluate it on a case-by-case basis. Since the driver truly defended their life here, then the store won't take any action other than mitigating more liability and pull them from the road as it may be too traumatic for them to return to doing deliveries.

The store isn't going to change policy as they fear that some driver will use a firearm just because they didn't get a tip and there will be a resulting civil suite against said driver and Papa Johns. Of course, the reality is that, even with the policy in place, such an event may happen and the policy will do little to shield them from a civil suite.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Of course this sets precedent for them. Any employee now can carry discretely without fear of being fired.

A policy that is not enforced is not really a policy. And in this case that's a good thing.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
A policy that is not enforced is not really a policy. And in this case that's a good thing.
Exactly, any perceived liability protection that Papa Johns had from this policy pretty much just went out the window.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts