Pit Bull takes a 45 to the head...guess who won?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by pro2am, Jun 22, 2007.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Nicely done neighbor!

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/n ... tbull.html

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

carry......................always

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Roswell is going to have to do something about people walking around in the street with guns. This makes me nervous. Somebody could have gotten hurt. A gun usually just escalates the situation. What if the pit bull had taken it away from him and used it on him?

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Depends on how well the pit bull places his shots.

6. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I would hate to be that dog owner...talk about law suites......

7. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I have seen videos of Pit bulls attacking people and getting hit with a baseball bat, as hard as the guy could swing and it acted as though he were being tapped.

Not all pits are bad but dang, some are down right evil.

8. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

A 12 yr old girl walking a pit bull? WTF? That's just trouble waiting to happen.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

No...a living pit bull is trouble waiting to happen. :wink:

10. merlock

merlock New Member

+1

11. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Nothing wrong with pit bulls or any other dog. It's all in how you raise them. I don't particularly care for pit bulls personally but they are like anyhting else. I could raise & train a chihuahua to be a mean vicious animal if I was inclined to prove a point. (not that I really consider those things to be real dogs but that's a whole nuther issue)

Now as for having an 11 or 12 year old child walking a 80 - 120lb dog around. That's just stupid & negligent. Mr dog owner better hope he has a really good personal liability policy becuase I would be sueing the crap out of him for that. Even if the dog is well trained & would never mess with a human there are still cats & squirrels, and other dogs and hell even a ball that gets tossed out in the road & the dog could chase after it running out in front of a car. Or even worse what if the dog just wants to play & decided to jump up on some 4 year old just being friendly? An 11-12 yo child could never control an animal of that size in a situation which demanded it.

12. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Yes you can make a chihuahua mean, but you can't make it a pit bull. The genetics have an impact. I don't care how you raise a pit, it is still genetically inclined to be aggressive.

13. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I agree somewhat about the genetics. I would point out like many other dogs some pits are breed to fight and others temperment. You can't really train out the fighting urge from a long genetic line of fighters. Even dogs bred for temperment can turn on you like any dog but they are much more stable and make a better pet.

True story:

I have two brothers both of them wanted to get a pit bull and did. One of them, M, researched the breeder and checked up on them before he bought one from them. My other brother S, didn't bother with all that stuff and found someone selling them cheap.

Brother M, has had the dog a long time now and it has been a great pet, never been dog or people agressive.

Brother S, his dog at about a year old started to get really dog agressive and even when he was inside his truck would lounge at people with babies. He tried for a while to keep him away from kids and other dogs but when Houston got flooded some years back they stayed with his best friend and put his dog in a police heavy duty kennel. When they weren't home the dog actually bent the kennel gate and killed the other dog. From the blood all over the yard the pit had dragged the other dog all over the yard, and still had the dog in his mouth shaking it though it had been dead a couple hours. They took the pit to the woods and shot it.

The moral of the story is IF you are going to get one of these things first and formost research the breeder.

2nd get a huge insurance policy just in case. :wink:

3rd don't let your 12 year old walk it.

4th keep a gun handy.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ ... tbull.html