Pit Bull Saves Georgia Girl

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I still say breading and raising affect a dogs temperment. My grandmother raised and trained both rotties and dobbies. My parents had them all my life and never had any issues with them. Pit Bulls in my opinion, and again just my opinion are no danger to people if taken care of and raised properly.

Its the owners and breeders screwing things up....

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Phhtt...it was a puppy...if she tries that again when its older it'll probably try to eat her. I think its a stretch to say she was saved by the dog though.

I'm glad she's okay though.

3. tony218

tony218 New Member

when that dog grows up i dare anything or anybody to
    try and get near that little girl.
    you should see the way MY pitbull protects my daughter
    it's not even her dog.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

+gabillion

5. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

100%....my pit is the sweetest, most affectionate dog I've ever known. Great family member, super friend and an excellent watch dog.

Now, if I could just get her to quit eating the neighbors kids!!! :lol: :oops: :roll:

[​IMG]

6. AV8R

AV8R Banned

How could you pose your pretty puppy with that, that horrible beer koozie?

This one would look much better:

[​IMG]

7. Bulldawg182

Your taste in koozies is only dwarfed by your taste in avatars!!! :oops: :lol:

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Easy, big fella! I won't even mention the fact that Vick is in trouble for fighting dogs and breeding dogs for same purpose, because that would be just down right mean of me. :wink:

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Vick doesn't need to be a quarterback...

10. Bulldawg182

Now that guy just really pisses me off. Way too much money, way too little brains. We should have kept Schaub!!!

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1

12. Claire

Claire New Member

I double that +gazillion

there's way too many stupid pet owners out there

I run a pet rescue message board And have seen/read some of the sadest stories - 99.9% of the time its the human w/ stupidity

13. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I've always said that I respect animals way more than 99.9% of the people I've come in contact with. Vick is a P.O.S. and never really had any talent as a QB, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a life-long Saints fan and truly would not piss on the dirty birds if they were on fire. :twisted:

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

+1

On the Saints making me vomit.

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I think it is sick that Vick mistreats his dogs but after all they are his personal property...now back to winning football games...

16. Macktee

Macktee New Member

When our kids were young, we had a German Shepherd Dog who was probably the smartest dog I've ever known. He understood the difference between kid's playing and serious threat. He checked the house several times each night by making sure the girls were OK, then checking all the windows and doors before going back to bed.

When our older daughter was four, we thought she was in the fenced in back yard. I had come in the house for a minute... From our living room, it was impossible to see the street. Suddenly, the dog went crazy. Tearing at the front door, barking, growling and whining frantically. I looked out and saw our little girl at the end of the driveway talking to a guy who had the door of his car open.

I opened the door to see what was going on and the dog almost knocked me down. He went straight for our kid at top speed. The guy in the car looked up and took off. He came within a second or two of having a very angry car inside his car. After chasing him for almost a block, Duncan came home. He checked out the daughter, sniffing, nudging and whining, obviously very upset and concerned.

She told us the guy was trying to talk her into getting into his car and was opening the door and getting out when he saw the dog coming.

My wife and I don't know how he knew something was wrong, but we believe he saved our daughter that day.

I agree with Sharky. There are no inherently bad dogs or bad breeds, but any dog can be turned bad by the wrong sort of owner.

17. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Larry - I don't think there will ever be anything you and I will agree on more. I was so happy when Schaub left UVA as he gave my Noles a fit. Very smart QB.

Blank has too much pride to punish his golden boy - can't wait to see how this plays out.

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Macktee - I would have chased him down.