Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to collect large pistols what do i need for the collection?

PPS-43c pistol 7.62x25
Thompson 1927-A1 pistol .45acp
Vector V51p .308 winchester pistol
Chiappa puma bounty hunter .44 magnum
Cobray LHC .45-70 pistol
Cobray .45 colt / .410 "mini street sweeper"
Draco ak-47 type pistol 7.62x39
Bushmaster carbon pistol .223
Keltec plr-16 pistol 5.56 nato
Desert Eagle .50ae
Smith Wesson 500
Iver Johnson "enforcer" .30 carbine
vz 61 skorpion .32 acp
?brand 50 BMG pistol


I'm sure there are more out there to include the thompson contenders. Is there anything else that is missing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
Everyone that you can afford. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,952 Posts
A bunch of more practical weapons.... :sly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,498 Posts
kwikrnu said:
Cobray LHC .45-70 pistol
Er, wow. I hadn't seen that before, but that has to be a contender for most powerful pistol on the planet -- at least in terms of total ft/lbs of muzzle energy that can be dispensed between reloads.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,864 Posts
45_Fan said:
kwikrnu said:
Cobray LHC .45-70 pistol
Er, wow. I hadn't seen that before, but that has to be a contender for most powerful pistol on the planet -- at least in terms of total ft/lbs of muzzle energy that can be dispensed between reloads.
There are other .45-70 pistols.

Puma Bounty Hunter, BFR.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Adam5 said:
45_Fan said:
kwikrnu said:
Cobray LHC .45-70 pistol
Er, wow. I hadn't seen that before, but that has to be a contender for most powerful pistol on the planet -- at least in terms of total ft/lbs of muzzle energy that can be dispensed between reloads.
There are other .45-70 pistols.

Puma Bounty Hunter, BFR.....
The puma isn't available in .45/70. The Cobray has a rotary magazine capable of 12 rounds which beats anything out there that I am aware of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,498 Posts
Adam5 said:
kwikrnu said:
The Cobray has a rotary magazine capable of 12 rounds which beats anything out there that I am aware of.
I didn't realize that it had a 12 round mag.
That's why I didn't comment on the BFR -- which by the way *IS* loads of fun.

I figure the Cobray LHC in 45-70 is for when you are being stalked by a group of zombie grizzlies or elephants or something and happened to leave your Barrett 50 at home.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Swollen Member
Joined
·
11,936 Posts
Adam5 said:
As far as the X-Frame S&W, I would personally get the .460S&W over the .500.
:ditto:
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,250 Posts
So what happens if you possess a 13" barreled handgun in Tennessee?
Does your state call it a "short barreled rifle" or something like that, even though the feds call it a handgun?
Or is it in some "other" category-- neither a handgun nor a long gun? And what laws apply to such a firearm?
Is it simply an issue of carrying it with a State Carry Permit? It has to be a "handgun" to be legal to carry with a permit?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top