Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some advise on these guns. I saw a Rossi Rh 92 in a local pawn shop in .44 and fell in love. i have never seen anything like this much less shot one, so I am coming to you guys in hopes that you will have some good information as well as some pros and cons.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
I've always wanted a .357 Marlin. Do a search there are a few threads on these.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
I have one of the EMF repros in .357 and it's a blast to shoot. Not too expensive to practice with .38s and a very able gun with some +P .357 HPs. The action is not as smooth or quiet as I would like, but for the $300 or so I paid, that's not really a big complaint. Once I can get some cash together for an action job, barrel threading, and a fibre/fibre+trit front sight, it will be perfect.

The only thing I can see being a problem is that I have a top-ejector, which makes optics a bit harder to mount. If that's a concern, a side-ejector is an option, but they all seem to be much more expensive.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dcannon1 said:
Just to clarify the OP is talking about something like this:

Not the rifles.
Thank you guys for the information but as dcannon said looking into guns similar to the Rossi rh92 or the Rossi for that matter. Just looking to get some different types and what people think about them!

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
I have a puma bounty hunter in .44 magnum, it is a fun gun. The rossi costs 1/2 as much and I would have bought one if they were available at the time even though I think the finish isn't as nice and the loop looks silly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts