Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shooting, 1 fatality. And of course Republicans are to blame. Note video header on article.

Nemo

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
All this crime coming up from Atlanta. Kennesaw should never have voted to allow MARTA to build heavy rail into everyone's cul-de-sac! Oh wait...

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
9,476 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
My guess...Dead guys in truck bed were co-workers. Not really sure how or why he ended up driving the truck onto the golf course....?

Brian

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I used to work at Pinetree many years ago on their golf course maintenance crew. There was one guy that worked there that used to brag he had "papers from my psychiatrist" that claimed he was not responsible for his actions.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Second victim identified as Henry Valdez, 46, of California. The first victim was Paul Pierson, 76, of Kansas and the truck's owner. Cops haven't expalined the connection between them yet.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
From the pictures it looks like the killer was trying to drive the truck with the bodies into the pond when he bottomed out and got stuck instead. Interstate connections like that make me wonder if drug trafficking/ organized crime are involved. If so then the killer is long gone.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
he had "papers from my psychiatrist" that claimed he was not responsible for his actions.
If you want some, I think I know a guy, who might know a guy . . ..

Nemo

·
Registered
14,952 Posts

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
A few more details dribble out. Rhoden, the shooter, kidnaps Valdez and Pierson, binds them up, puts them into the truck bed and kills them. Now he needs to dispose of both bodies and maybe the truck. He ends up on the golf course either accidentally or on purpose. Was he going to ditch the truck and the bodies there on a Saturday afternoon? The golf guy goes to see what's going on and gets killed. Still no known relationship between Rhoden, Valdez and Pierson.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Now it's getting weird. Rhoden, the suspect, claims he's a "music artist." His manager claims the police have the wrong man in custody. Still no connection between the suspect and the victims nor a motive.

According to the report, Rhoden was driving a black 2017 Maserati Ghibli bearing a Georgia temporary tag heading northbound on Peachtree Road around 10:48 p.m [on the evening of the shootings]. An officer driving in the other direction noticed the vehicle did not have its tail lights on and turned around, pulling the car over along Peachtree Blvd. near Johnson Ferry Road.
When the officer ran the temporary tag, the report states he found the VIN associated with the tag came back to a different 2017 Maserati Ghibli.
"Mr. Rhoden advised that he makes approximately $180,000 a year as a music artist. He also stated that he has the GA IRS paperwork to document his income. Mr. Rhoden stated that there was approximately $8,000 in cash inside his book bag. He stated that the money and jewelry were used for his music videos," the report states. "He also stated that the fraudulent driver’s licenses were used for his music videos but could not advise me who made them for him."
FOX 5 spoke to Rhoden's manager about the serious charges he's facing. D'Andre Veal said he wanted to extend his condolences to the families of the three victims as well as make it known that, from his perspective, police have the wrong man.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Unless they have his prints or DNA in the truck I have a hard time believing a bumbling former drug dealer pulled off the level of precision needed to bind and execute 2 men and shoot a 3rd multiple times in the head, and then escape without any witnesses seeing him clearly.

Man from Kansas and man from California executed in Atlanta sounds like drug related violence to me. I think the killer was trying to drive the truck into the lake when he got stuck. If you look at the pictures the lake was the only place left to go if he hadn't bottomed out on that bunker. Maybe a message to someone else at the golf club?

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Man from Kansas and man from California executed in Atlanta sounds like drug related violence to me. I think the killer was trying to drive the truck into the lake when he got stuck. If you look at the pictures the lake was the only place left to go if he hadn't bottomed out on that bunker. Maybe a message to someone else at the golf club?
I don't play golf but I don't believe golf courses are empty on a Saturday afternoon. Hard to be inconspicuous, yes?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Additionally, the lakes are rarely deep enough to hide a truck. Maybe that one is... I've never been.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,314 Posts
You guys think a rap "artist" with a long criminal history, like this killer, knows how deep golf course lakes are?
Do you think he even thinks at all?

At best he mimics what he sees on crime shows on TV-- and conveniently forgets about how 99% of those shows end with the bad guy getting killed or arrested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts