Pilot Loses CCW After Posting Video of Security Flaws

Discussion in 'In the News' started by mountainpass, Dec 23, 2010.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

link
    Edit: Be sure to watch the video, it's on the right.

2. samman23

samman23 New Member

it sounds like payback against a whistle blower.

3. jlw253

jlw253 Member

That's exactly where my head went.

The pilot is not a federal employee so Garcett v. Ceballos does not apply.

Could posting the videos be considered releasing them to the "media"?

Can't wait to see where this goes from here.

4. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

I love the fact that he is strong enough to be willing to expose the hypocrisy of the TSA and airport security. I hope he has a good lawyer, because I imagine he will have a $###storm to wade and paddle through. :x

Good for him videoing the encounter with the Air Marshals and Sheriff Officers. :righton:

5. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

To bad he does not reside in Georgia. I'd love the see "The Hammer" take care of this one :wink:

6. IrishTiger

IrishTiger Active Member

I didnt watch the videos (I will next week when I get back from New York) but he's exactly right. You guys know I'm an airline pilot as well, and i have told many people the same things he's said. The ground crews simply swipe a badge to get in, and then have complete access to the aircraft.... Yet us pilots and flight attendants have to get body scanned (which i opted out of yesterday as usual... But was traveling as a regular passenger) because we might be a threat!!!!! :shock:

This situation is VERY scary. The government is silencing all criticism. That's not good. This guy needs support and help. He did a good thing - and the government is punishing him. This is really getting out of control. People need to lose their jobs over this, and it isn't the pilot!!!

7. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

How can we get Fox News involved? I do not have cable tv so all I have is the net for information!

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I hardly doubt Fox News is going to be the savior of liberty in America.

And this incident shows how you're treated if you're outspoken.

9. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

:righton: You're exactly right, Ryan. He didn't reveal what everyone else didn't know already. And anyone with half a brain knows that the federal govt's sending of six agents out to his home was to use the intimidation factor. And it wasn't because they were afraid he'd start shooting at them, it was to scare him into silence. Taking away his issued firearm, and taking his carry permit were clearly punitive measures meant to send a message to others who might speak out in a similar fashion.

10. Nail Driver

Nail Driver New Member

How dare he point out the obvious.

The thing alot of people don't realize about airports is how many people have access to secured areas. Maintenance people, delivery drivers, caterers.... heck at night it is even more busy than during the daytime and most of them come in through gates in trucks. In fact a person doesn't even have to be badged to gain access. I installed baggage conveyors and was able to supervise up to 7 people that had had no background check. Half the time all the TSA agents would do in those areas was tuck their badge in a pocket and see who noticed they were not displaying it and give you crap if you didn't challenge them.

The security that passengers go through isn't about security, its about control.

11. samman23

samman23 New Member

+1

I'm starting to think that OBL has had some significant victories in his holy war against America.
    [​IMG]

12. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

I was going to say this would be a great 10A case but then i read what state this took place in...

13. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Well, it wasn't the federal agents that took his CCW.

14. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

Tru, but regardless the state had no REAL reason. But as stated it is commiefornia...

15. IrishTiger

IrishTiger Active Member

Man. The more I think about this the more I get upset. The pilot was exactly right, and it's so ironic because I've been saying the exact same things as he has to my family and friends for weeks and months, and even years!!!!

We have to get this man's CCW permit and his FFDO badge back. It's absolutely BS what's going on. He's right, DHS knows he's right, the American people know he's right, and DHS and TSA just cant have people running around knowing the truth!!!! Oh no!!! Its much more important to see my tallywhacker and take my hooch at the checkpoint than it is to perform REAL security. :screwy:

16. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Thread's over, you win. :surrender:

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysi ... -Truth.htm

18. IrishTiger

IrishTiger Active Member

[/quote:1x3uvz3f]

That is correct. Every airplane has a crash axe behind the first officers seat. One end is an axe, the other is a very pointed end used to pierce objects.... Hence why its pointless to go through security. Not to mention I have my hands on the flight controls and have COMPLETE control of that airplane. Yeah... Lets x-ray the pilots and take their nail clippers away! :roll:

19. InalienablyGreek

InalienablyGreek New Member

In college, 3 years ago, I worked a construction gig for a few months on a new runway for the Atlanta airport. I went through a 2 hour seminar about regulations regarding driving vehicles across taxi lanes and then I went to work. I was never carded for my employee ID, never patted down, no security, and I was never really forced to clock in. I could have easily loaded a work van up with a ton of explosives and driven it into a plane that was taxiing just a lane in front of me.

Scary.

20. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

That is correct. Every airplane has a crash axe behind the first officers seat. One end is an axe, the other is a very pointed end used to pierce objects.... Hence why its pointless to go through security. Not to mention I have my hands on the flight controls and have COMPLETE control of that airplane. Yeah... Lets x-ray the pilots and take their nail clippers away! :roll:[/quote:24m7lcwb]

Better watch out, they're going to come take your GWL. :shattered: