Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
link
SACRAMENTO, CA - An airline pilot is being disciplined by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for posting video on YouTube pointing out what he believes are serious flaws in airport security.
At the same time as the federal marshals took the pilot's gun, a deputy sheriff asked him to surrender his state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon.
The YouTube videos, posted Nov. 28, show what the pilot calls the irony of flight crews being forced to go through TSA screening while ground crew who service the aircraft are able to access secure areas simply by swiping a card.

"As you can see, airport security is kind of a farce. It's only smoke and mirrors so you people believe there is actually something going on here," the pilot narrates.
Edit: Be sure to watch the video, it's on the right.

·
Registered
798 Posts
samman23 said:
it sounds like payback against a whistle blower.
That's exactly where my head went.

The pilot is not a federal employee so Garcett v. Ceballos does not apply.

Could posting the videos be considered releasing them to the "media"?

Can't wait to see where this goes from here.

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
I love the fact that he is strong enough to be willing to expose the hypocrisy of the TSA and airport security. I hope he has a good lawyer, because I imagine he will have a $###storm to wade and paddle through. :x

Good for him videoing the encounter with the Air Marshals and Sheriff Officers. :righton:

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
To bad he does not reside in Georgia. I'd love the see "The Hammer" take care of this one :wink:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I didnt watch the videos (I will next week when I get back from New York) but he's exactly right. You guys know I'm an airline pilot as well, and i have told many people the same things he's said. The ground crews simply swipe a badge to get in, and then have complete access to the aircraft.... Yet us pilots and flight attendants have to get body scanned (which i opted out of yesterday as usual... But was traveling as a regular passenger) because we might be a threat!!!!! :shock:

This situation is VERY scary. The government is silencing all criticism. That's not good. This guy needs support and help. He did a good thing - and the government is punishing him. This is really getting out of control. People need to lose their jobs over this, and it isn't the pilot!!!

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
IrishTiger said:
I didnt watch the videos (I will next week when I get back from New York) but he's exactly right. You guys know I'm an airline pilot as well, and i have told many people the same things he's said. The ground crews simply swipe a badge to get in, and then have complete access to the aircraft.... Yet us pilots and flight attendants have to get body scanned (which i opted out of yesterday as usual... But was traveling as a regular passenger) because we might be a threat!!!!! :shock:

This situation is VERY scary. The government is silencing all criticism. That's not good. This guy needs support and help. He did a good thing - and the government is punishing him. This is really getting out of control. People need to lose their jobs over this, and it isn't the pilot!!!
How can we get Fox News involved? I do not have cable tv so all I have is the net for information!

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
I hardly doubt Fox News is going to be the savior of liberty in America.

And this incident shows how you're treated if you're outspoken.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
IrishTiger said:

:righton: You're exactly right, Ryan. He didn't reveal what everyone else didn't know already. And anyone with half a brain knows that the federal govt's sending of six agents out to his home was to use the intimidation factor. And it wasn't because they were afraid he'd start shooting at them, it was to scare him into silence. Taking away his issued firearm, and taking his carry permit were clearly punitive measures meant to send a message to others who might speak out in a similar fashion.

·
Registered
209 Posts
How dare he point out the obvious.

The thing alot of people don't realize about airports is how many people have access to secured areas. Maintenance people, delivery drivers, caterers.... heck at night it is even more busy than during the daytime and most of them come in through gates in trucks. In fact a person doesn't even have to be badged to gain access. I installed baggage conveyors and was able to supervise up to 7 people that had had no background check. Half the time all the TSA agents would do in those areas was tuck their badge in a pocket and see who noticed they were not displaying it and give you crap if you didn't challenge them.

The security that passengers go through isn't about security, its about control.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
IrishTiger said:
+1

I'm starting to think that OBL has had some significant victories in his holy war against America.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
jmorriss said:
I was going to say this would be a great 10A case but then i read what state this took place in...
Well, it wasn't the federal agents that took his CCW.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
ookoshi said:
jmorriss said:
I was going to say this would be a great 10A case but then i read what state this took place in...
Well, it wasn't the federal agents that took his CCW.
Tru, but regardless the state had no REAL reason. But as stated it is commiefornia...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Man. The more I think about this the more I get upset. The pilot was exactly right, and it's so ironic because I've been saying the exact same things as he has to my family and friends for weeks and months, and even years!!!!

We have to get this man's CCW permit and his FFDO badge back. It's absolutely BS what's going on. He's right, DHS knows he's right, the American people know he's right, and DHS and TSA just cant have people running around knowing the truth!!!! Oh no!!! Its much more important to see my tallywhacker and take my hooch at the checkpoint than it is to perform REAL security. :screwy:

·
68,524 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/557877/201012271845/TSA-Silences-Pilot-For-Telling-The-Truth.htm

Video shot in the cockpit shows a rescue ax on the flight deck available to a flight crew forced to go through metal detectors.
[quote:1x3uvz3f]The TSA's explanation for the raid in a letter dated Dec. 6 was that the "content and subject of these videos may have violated regulations concerning disclosure of sensitive security information."
[/quote:1x3uvz3f]

That is correct. Every airplane has a crash axe behind the first officers seat. One end is an axe, the other is a very pointed end used to pierce objects.... Hence why its pointless to go through security. Not to mention I have my hands on the flight controls and have COMPLETE control of that airplane. Yeah... Lets x-ray the pilots and take their nail clippers away! :roll:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
In college, 3 years ago, I worked a construction gig for a few months on a new runway for the Atlanta airport. I went through a 2 hour seminar about regulations regarding driving vehicles across taxi lanes and then I went to work. I was never carded for my employee ID, never patted down, no security, and I was never really forced to clock in. I could have easily loaded a work van up with a ton of explosives and driven it into a plane that was taxiing just a lane in front of me.

Scary.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
IrishTiger said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/557877/201012271845/TSA-Silences-Pilot-For-Telling-The-Truth.htm

Video shot in the cockpit shows a rescue ax on the flight deck available to a flight crew forced to go through metal detectors.
[quote:24m7lcwb]The TSA's explanation for the raid in a letter dated Dec. 6 was that the "content and subject of these videos may have violated regulations concerning disclosure of sensitive security information."
That is correct. Every airplane has a crash axe behind the first officers seat. One end is an axe, the other is a very pointed end used to pierce objects.... Hence why its pointless to go through security. Not to mention I have my hands on the flight controls and have COMPLETE control of that airplane. Yeah... Lets x-ray the pilots and take their nail clippers away! :roll:[/quote:24m7lcwb]

Better watch out, they're going to come take your GWL. :shattered:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts