Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A non-profit organization I am involved with is looking to celebrate a 25 year anniversary. It would like to host a pig roast in Jackson, GA the first week of this December.

This is NOT my area of expertise. Can fellow GPDOers recommend someone experienced who can do it right, fixin's and such?!

Just in case we can't find someone to commit to whole hog sorta thing, I am looking at someone who can do pork shoulders or butts on the Q as well.

Feel free to reach me by PM as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
I know where a gent lives in Jackson that occasionally caters events.
He has a sign outside his home with his contact info written on it.

I will more than likely be driving by his home in the next few days.
I would be glad to get his contact info for you if you would like for me to do so.

I can not attest to his cooking skills but I would think he would be willing to share references with you.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know where a gent lives in Jackson that occasionally caters events.
He has a sign outside his home with his contact info written on it.

I will more than likely be driving by his home in the next few days.
I would be glad to get his contact info for you if you would like for me to do so.

I can not attest to his cooking skills but I would think he would be willing to share references with you.
Thanks, Seerus, I would very much appreciate his contact info.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Fmlaw,

The gent I was going to contact appears to have either sold his equipment or is no longer in business. I rode by his home today and noticed his sign had also been removed.

I can recommend Blind Pig BBQ. I have eaten at their establishment a few times over the years and have never been disappointed. They are located about 12 miles outside of the city of Jackson.

http://www.blindpigbarbecue.com/index.html

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fmlaw,

The gent I was going to contact appears to have either sold his equipment or is no longer in business. I rode by his home today and noticed his sign had also been removed.

I can recommend Blind Pig BBQ. I have eaten at their establishment a few times over the years and have never been disappointed. They are located about 12 miles outside of the city of Jackson.

http://www.blindpigbarbecue.com/index.html
Thanks for the follow-through just the same!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have a friend that has done a couple of pig roasts in the past. I'm waiting for him to get back with me about who did it for him. I'll pass along the contact info when I hear back.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, folks. WE have someone set up to do our event. We will forgo the pig roast in favor of good ole' fresh BBQ with fixins'.

Sorry to not reply sooner - I did not get any PMs or notice of replies to this thread.

Hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
So how big a bucket of pig? Are the rest of us invited? You sought help here, I gotta figure we are already involved in this gathering and at least some ought to be there.

Nemo

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Cocker Spaniel Specialty Club of Georgia is proud to celebrate its 25th Annual Hunt Test this coming weekend.

We are very pleased to have as our judges in Jackson, GA: Marilyn Burke (Atlanta, GA), M.J. Douglas (Fountain Inn, SC), Patricia Petraglia (Dover, MA), Susan Willingham (Atlanta, GA), and Jeff Zachow (Oconomowoc, WI). Tests will start at 8 am Saturday & Sunday.

We'll run two fields at a time. We have 44 dogs entered Saturday and on Sunday. Entries are closed.

However, a separate Working Dog Test for traditional Flushing Spaniels will start at 11 am Friday. Parent Club approval is in hand for all Flushing Spaniels. Registration for this will be walk-up, and limited to 12 entries.

We hope you can attend and partake of our Southern hospitality, Friday and Saturday dinners, and wonderful home-cooked lunches, with a large dose of camaraderie. BBQ dinner in the evening at 6PM, $15.

Spectators are encouraged - just bring some blaze orange (more than a hat) for the field if you have it. We'll have vests, if you don't.

Weather looks to be nice, if it should hold.

Come see Flushing Spaniels do what their breeds were developed to do!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts