Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.musicmidtown.com/festival-info/faqs/

To be held at Piedmont Park Sept 19th and 20th. On the website, they believe they have the authority to ban weapons from their two day concert - at a public park.

State preemption and lines 127 - 134 of HB 60 beg to differ.

·
BANNED (not really)
3,328 Posts
http://www.musicmidtown.com/festival-info/faqs/

To be held at Piedmont Park Sept 19th and 20th. On the website, they believe they have the authority to ban weapons from their two day concert - at a public park.

State preemption and lines 127 - 134 of HB 60 beg to differ.
I'd LOVE to see this one shake out the way it needs to... I refuse to go near the event due to no weapons

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is interesting. I would love to challenge them but I have no interest in paying $125 to hear those bands. I am sure that they will have open carriers stopped and trespassed with the police arresting the accused. With that said, I am also sure that the accused will end up winning the subsequent lawsuit.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this may be the end of Music Midtown?

·
Registered
993 Posts
I just sent them an email requesting that they fix their restrictions:

I thought I would inform you that due to recent changes in state law that went into effect on July 1st, a Georgia Weapons License holder can carry at a public park. A PRIVATE park or person in control of PRIVATE property can deny entrance to a license holder but a private entity in control of property at a public park can't do so without breaking the law.

I would like to request that your published rules be changed to deny weapons except for those legally carried by a GWL holder. In accordance with state law, you would still be denying access to criminals but allow honest, law abiding citizens the ability to carry in accordance with state law.

Thank you in advance,

David

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No reply received to the email I sent either.

·
Registered
993 Posts
No reply here either....

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I emailed also using there form, and my wife sent a message via Facebook. If they don't respond, we can always ask why via the public forum of Facebook. I suggested they consult the Atlanta Arts Festival FAQ for an example of a legal rule.

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
Or, we already coughed up the money...anything to keep mama happy...

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
There should be a sarcasm font...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Based on the last years threads, I would assume they still aren't going to wand or anything but who knows. I worked the recent Imagine Festival & they didn't have anythun but a bag check & ticket scanner.
Can whoever gets there first do a report? I'm going tomorrow but not til later, I'm gonna attempt to carry, if all else fails I guess I'll walk back to the truck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Live Nation Inc. (a corporation, and therefore, a legal PERSON) has rented the public park.

As rightful occupants of that area, during the term of rental, I am pretty sure they can exclude whomever they like, for any cause at all, or no cause at all, under GA CT Codes.

Additionally, I would think that by purchasing a ticket, you agree to their Rules and Regs, which may also exclude carry.

You have a right to carry on Public Property.....but not when its been rented out to a Person (natural or legal) and that person does not want you there.

Remember, CT law does not require the Owner or Rightful Occupant to suffer anyone they do not wish to be on their property, unless that person has a legal reason to be there (think PO serving a warrant).

Now, if the Promoter said "carry is fine" then certainly you can carry there, and the Police should leave you alone.

But "places legal to carry" does not mean that, in all instances, at all times, you can carry there, just cause you want to. It simply means that when such areas are open to the public, that you can.

Music Midtown is not open to the public, it is open to people who have bought a ticket.

IMO.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,750 Posts
Live Nation Inc. (a corporation, and therefore, a legal PERSON) has rented the public park.

As rightful occupants of that area, during the term of rental, I am pretty sure they can exclude whomever they like, for any cause at all, or no cause at all, under GA CT Codes.

Additionally, I would think that by purchasing a ticket, you agree to their Rules and Regs, which may also exclude carry.

You have a right to carry on Public Property.....but not when its been rented out to a Person (natural or legal) and that person does not want you there.

Remember, CT law does not require the Owner or Rightful Occupant to suffer anyone they do not wish to be on their property, unless that person has a legal reason to be there (think PO serving a warrant).

Now, if the Promoter said "carry is fine" then certainly you can carry there, and the Police should leave you alone.

But "places legal to carry" does not mean that, in all instances, at all times, you can carry there, just cause you want to. It simply means that when such areas are open to the public, that you can.

Music Midtown is not open to the public, it is open to people who have bought a ticket.

IMO.
you might want to read up on the changes HB60 made.. :shakehead:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts