Piedmont park and Beltline

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by curtdiss, Sep 10, 2016.

1. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

Wife is dragging the family ITP. Legal to carry in Piedmont park and walking on the Atl Beltline?

Thanks

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Yes, I do so on a regular basis.

3. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Yes, perfectly legal to carry openly or concealedly.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I visit the BeltLine for walking or bicycling every now and then, and I always carry, usually openly.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I tend to conceal on the beltline, but I'm normally in gym or cycling shorts, so a pocket pistol works the best anyway.

GS, let me know next time you go to the beltline. I live right down the street from the skatepark. Maybe I can meet and ride together.

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Is the Beltline mostly complete now? If not, then where is the best spot to start at to get the longest ride without having to ride on the street? And where to park?

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I normally walk the 2 mile stretch from Piedmont Park to Krog Street Market. They are still working on the next section past Krog Street. It's not supposed to me completed until Spring.

If I'm walking, I will park at one end, and get four miles round trip. **warning** of starting at Krog St, park on the street near there. They will tow your car if you park in their lot.

If I'm riding, I ride from home to one end, out the other and back home in a big loop.

8. gunsmoker

I did the northside and eastside segments of the ATL Beltline today.
    I carried (concealed) and my friend did also.
    We enjoyed the bike ride. Some parts of the path north of Piedmont park are still gravel, not paved. An alternative parallel route is paved, but hilly, as it does NOT follow the grade of the old railroad bed.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I openly carried on several miles of the Beltline while walking this morning. No issues and no odd stares.

10. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Gun too small?

Nemo

Adam5 likes this.
  11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Stainless 1911 Government in OWB leather with shirt tucked between the gun and my side.

12. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Over the past several years, I haven't heard of or seen in the forums many MWAG issues for in-town Atlanta. This would even include festivals like Pride and Inman Park Fest. MWAG problems seem to be concentrated more in the metro burbs but then become a non issue again farther out in rural Georgia.

Adam5 likes this.
  13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have OC’d at both Pride and Inman Park Fest, as well as others. No one cares.

Mrs_Esterhouse likes this.
  14. Nemo

Maybe you need a Model 29.

Nemo

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Would rather have an Anaconda.

16. gunsmoker

11 and 12 year old robbers with real guns, robbing people out for exercise on the Belt Line paths. Note that they're all known to the cops from previous arrests / detentions for their past crimes.

QUOTE:

ATLANTA - A woman said three children with a gun robbed her on the Atlanta Beltline on Easter Sunday.

Police arrested the group and Channel 2 Action News learned all three children are in custody.

Police said that the boys are ages 11, 12 and 12.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...f-robbing-woman-on-atlanta-beltline/942595647

17. Nemo

Smart man.

Nemo

18. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

A "child" with a gun is just as dangerous if not more so than an adult with a gun. And should be dealt with in the same manner.