Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is it so hard to post a picture on this site
my hearse club site all you do is add the img.
you don't have to go to an outside vender???????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Hosting images will be expensive for this site.

Just use imageshack.us or photobucket.com

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
It is not the size of the picture itself as I have plenty of unused disk space, it is the bandwidth that is used when that picture is viewed 100 times.

I will host big/multiple pictures for get together's and things of that nature (off limits signs etc) and avatars.

Just to give you a glimpse of GPO's bandwidth, in November I upgraded my account from a 20gb bandwidth limit to 100gb because in October I hit 19.5gb.

January saw a total of 31gb.
April or May will probably see 40gb.

·
68,974 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
It is not the size of the picture itself as I have plenty of unused disk space, it is the bandwidth that is used when that picture is viewed 100 times.
So, does that apply to off site pics as well?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Gunstar1 said:
So, does that apply to off site pics as well?
Nope, only that which is hosted on my server uses my bandwidth. Pics hosted on other sites use that site's bandwidth (even when linked to on the forum).

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
And so you have a frame of reference to how big this site is...

1749 files in 205 folders
48.77 mb total for files
41.4 mb total for database

roughly 90mb on disk (account limit of 5gb). Using what will soon be 40,000mb of bandwidth.

:shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts