Pictures of history

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by peashooter, Apr 26, 2007.

1. peashooter

peashooter New Member

I thought this was interesting, never seen so many old pictures like this of history. Very fascinating to me.

http://www.shorpy.com/

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That picture and description of the 8 year old Syrian girl makes me want to cry.

4. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Cool! I love old photos.

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Oh man! That brings back memories.

That first picture could have been of me and Susan, who lived next door. We were the best of friends. In fact, she was the girl I took on my first real date and with whom I shared my first kiss. She really was a babe!

Funny thing is, shortly after that first kiss thing, her parents moved out of the West End to the Highlands and I didn't see her again for a number or years.

Really, I didn't see her again until after she went to Vanderbilt and married some rich kid from Tennessee.

Funny how that worked out. It was almost like her parents planned it that way...

But I well remember the photographers and their ponys who traveled the city neighborhoods taking pictures of city kids. Every kid wanted to climb aboard that stoic little pony and pretend to be Roy or Gene or Hoppy or Dale or ...........

Hey Taler! Hey Wiley!

Was it was really that long ago?

Oh. I guess it was. Whoa...! This calls for a drink!!!

6. Taler

Taler New Member

Yeah Mack, it really was that long ago. (And you didn't dare get on that pony without a cowboy hat, and two filled holsters.)

7. merlock

merlock New Member

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Those are great. They remind me that I never framed the picture of my great grandfather in his WWI uniform.

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Adam, you really should do that. Lexie's kids will appreciate it.