Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
budder said:
But do you carry it?
Yes, from my basement office to my bedroom and from home to the range and back. :lol:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
budder said:
Bulldawg182 said:
I think anyone would be hard pressed to not admit that HK, SIG and Glock are all fine guns. While we may prefer one over the other for personal or aesthetic reasons and therefore place them in different order from best to least best, it's rare for such civil agreement when it comes to talking about guns here. :p
You know, now that I think about it, MP and I carry Hk. You and GrimJack carry Glocks. I think it's kind of like how ugly people tend to get ugly pets...
I think you have the wrong analogy here. We are talking about a defensive protection item here. So this would be a better comparison:

HK -

Glock -

Which is going to do a better job of protecting your family? A gun is not jewelry, it is a tool.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
That top "pet" reminds me of Budder's HK. You know, kind of cutsie!!

G

·
You guys... Geez, No one even mentioned a Hi-Point! God knows I love my Hi-Point! Granted, I've never shot it, but the guy who sold it to me said it was great and it only cost me $100!!!

:woohoo:

In all seriousness, what is the general consensus on Bersa? I personally own a Thunder .380 (PPK Clone) which has yet to jam or misfire. Nice balanced gun. Certainly a "discount" gun but I like it. I only mention this because we can all agree HK, S&W, Glock, and Sig are superior arms. But what about the other brands? Are there any "discount" guns that you like as plinkers or back-ups?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm surprised the the XD, 1911, and M&P guys haven't put a dog in this fight yet.

I'll put my two bits in for Ruger, they work! Never one FTF or FTE, ever, between two P95s over the course of thousands of rounds and nearly 10 years. They aren't very pretty though.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
viper32cm said:
I'm surprised the the XD, 1911, and M&P guys haven't put a dog in this fight yet.

I'll put my two bits in for Ruger, they work! Never one FTF or FTE, ever, between two P95s over the course of thousands of rounds and nearly 10 years. They aren't very pretty though.
I never claimed the XD was pretty. It just works and it looks marginally better than a Glock and has a couple of more features.

M&P is a nice looking gun, but I hope its built much better than the similar looking P22.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Bulloch3317 said:
You guys... Geez, No one even mentioned a Hi-Point! God knows I love my Hi-Point! Granted, I've never shot it, but the guy who sold it to me said it was great and it only cost me $100!!!

:woohoo:

In all seriousness, what is the general consensus on Bersa? I personally own a Thunder .380 (PPK Clone) which has yet to jam or misfire. Nice balanced gun. Certainly a "discount" gun but I like it. I only mention this because we can all agree HK, S&W, Glock, and Sig are superior arms. But what about the other brands? Are there any "discount" guns that you like as plinkers or back-ups?
I did mention hipoint, but not in a good way :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I also have put around 10,000 rounds through my P95DC in the last 10.5 years I have owned it. Definately not pretty, but not ugly either. :wink:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Hi-Points are a gift from god. They're cheap and crappy. Cheap enough for criminals to buy and then crappy enough for it to jam when they go to pull the trigger.

:D

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
GrimJack said:
I don't get it, I don't see why these [Hk] are or should be any better weapons than a Glock or a Sig.
My experience - HK is more reliable than Glock. The trigger feels better than a Sig, without all the play in it on single action.

Your opinion may vary. :wink:

By the way, I still like Glocks and Sigs. I like Sigs better than Glocks. I like Hk better than Sig.

You like Glock better than Hk. Have fun with it! :D

Just don't carry a Lorcin or Charter Arms. I will try to talk you out of that.
My thoughts exactly. I love my Sig, I loved my Glock, but the HK just fits my hand better.

All the major brands are gonna go bang when you need them to, you just have to find the one gun that is an extension of your arm. As long as you are proficient enough to whack some tangos when the time comes...you're GTG.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Rammstein said:
Hi-Points are a gift from god. They're cheap and crappy. Cheap enough for criminals to buy and then crappy enough for it to jam when they go to pull the trigger.

:D
They are disposable single use items.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Is that real?
Yep, real dog... dead now I belive. Same one merlock uses as his avatar... was a rescue dog... the people that had him first did not take good care of him... despite his hideous appearance, was a very pleasant dog... after the rescue of course.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
AeroShooter said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Is that real?
Yep, real dog... dead now I belive. Same one merlock uses as his avatar... was a rescue dog... the people that had him first did not take good care of him... despite his hideous appearance, was a very pleasant dog... after the rescue of course.
That's why I don't think I could adopt a rescue dog.

I'd be too tempted to go take care of the folks I rescued it from...

61 - 80 of 84 Posts