Picked up my Mosin

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by slabertooch, Sep 21, 2007.

1. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Well I finally broke down a picked up my second mosin. Was making my rounds of the local pawn shops, and saw that they had a M44 sitting on the floor. Got it for $100, and bonus, it was manufactured in Russia, from the markings on it, it was manufactured in Izhevsk.

pictures to follow.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What year? Laminated?

3. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

1948r stamped on the barrel, and I think that it is hardwood stained stock. Stock and handguards are in excellent condition, and it doesn't appear to have been fired, I just need to clean out some of the left over cosmoline. Bolt is clean, as is the chamber. This is probably one of the best looking 60 year old rifles I have seen in a long time.

There isn't a lot of receiver travel in the stock either, it fits like a glove. Trigger is nice and smooth, but could use some work. The internal magazine shows no sign of wear, and I ran some rounds through it (no fire yet) and they cycled perfectly.

I am looking forward to taking this baby out to the range. I had a 1945 a few years back and loved it, ended up trading it for a racing jet ski and an old 1985 RX7, that I threw a 350 small block in.

It doesn't appear to be refurbished, the bolt doesn't have a serial number on it.