Phony cop shot during home break-in in KY

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Macktee, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

These dumbasses should have realized everybody in eastern Kentucky has a gun!

Four shots - three hits. Not too shabby.

From the Louisville Courier Journal:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/K/ ... TE=DEFAULT

Mar 8, 11:03 AM EST

Man fatally shoots alleged intruder

ASHLAND, Ky. (AP) -- An eastern Kentucky man fatally shot one of two alleged intruders who claimed to be police officers, according to sheriff's officials.

The other alleged intruder was arrested and charged with burglary and impersonating a police officer, a sheriff's report said.

Jason Daniels, 23, of Ashland, shot Robert Lewis Chapman, 50, of Greenup in the chest, shoulder and wrist on Wednesday night, the Boyd County Sheriff's office said in the report.

Adam C. Justice, 22, of Summitt, was lodged in the Boyd County jail.

Boyd County Sheriff Terry Keelin said the case would be turned over to the commonwealth's attorney and a grand jury would be asked to decide if any charges would be filed against Daniels.

The intruders allegedly broke into a home where Daniels was staying after Daniels refused to answer the door. The men had pounded on the door claiming to be police officers with a search warrant, Keelin said.

The men then allegedly forced Daniels into the bathroom, tied him up and proceeded to ransack the house, the sheriff's report said. While the alleged burglars were busy in other parts of the house, Daniels freed himself and got a 9 mm pistol from a cabinet, the report said.

"When the suspects returned to the bathroom, they found Mr. Daniels, now armed and in a shooting stance," the report said.

When one of the alleged intruders attempted to draw a revolver from its holster, Daniels fired four times and both men fled in a van that was parked nearby.

Chapman was dumped outside the emergency room entrance to Kings Daughters Medical Center about three miles from the scene of the incident and later died, the report said. Police stopped the van a few blocks from the hospital and arrested Justice.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

That'll raise the pucker factor up a notch or two! :lol:

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

No, I am afraid thats off the pucker factor scale.

That must be measured on the "______ in my pants" scale.

4. jccls

jccls Guest

:roll:

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Yeah, I saw that also but remember, this is Eastern KY. The jury will probably give some type of award. No way in hell they'll indict him.

I suspect the Commonwealth's Attorney just wants to get a no-bill to protect Daniels, somewhat, against potential civil liability.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Does Kentucky not have Castle?

7. Beautiful. :D =D> Chalk one up for the good guys.

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I would say this is a good ending. Justifies having the cell phone and firearm next to you on the table while watching tv. People thought I was crazy till they think about it. You dont have more than a few seconds to grab the phone, firearm and make a decision. One I hope to never have to make.

9. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Also points out that you should just keep shooting. Chest & shoulder hits & the BG still managed to flee the scene. I'm not stopping until the slide locks back. :roll:

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

He keeps a gun in his bathroom cabinet!

11. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Brings up a point to as why he has one there.

1- when you are showering do you carry your carry piece from one room to the other?

2- perhaps he just likes to have guns in every room. (never know when somebody will break in. Without a gun I dont think the other 12 gauge will do any good! HEHEHE)

3- perhaps the man didnt have a safe to keep the gun in. I would hope this not the case, but I am sure there are people without safes.

12. Sharky~

A neighbor stopped by yesterday and brought a SW .40 caliber Bersa Mini he'd just purchased. Nice. When he entered our living room, I picked up my new Taurus .357 magnum from atop the surround sound speaker beside my recliner, unloaded it and let him have a look.

Once I'd reloaded it and placed it back on the speaker, he said, "You keep it close by don't you?"

I just smiled.

13. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Watch_Their_Hands...Nice guns!

Pretty much same reaction I received in the past. Apartment living is the pits and cant wait to get in another home. (once I get another job as this one is limited in future growth)

What good is protection that is not accessable!

14. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Doesn't everyone have a gun in the bathroom? I do.

When I was a kid, my favorite neighbor was a Louisville dective. I loved visiting him. He talked to me about his job and guns as though I were an adult and his wife always gave me cookies and a soft drink.

There were numerous guns in his place. He showed me how he could reach a pistol from any seat in his apartment... even the "throne".

He said he'd put so many BGs away, he never knew if one of them would try for some revenge, but he was ready if anyone did!

He also gave me my first gun safety lessons. Nice guy!

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Most of the time it is on me, in the room with me, or in the next room.

Not for any belief that I'll need it PDQ, I just have a small apartment.

16. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

I just like having mine nearby...

Commercial break- dryfire
    commercial break- dryfire
    Bathroom break- dryfire
    Hilary Clinton- dryfire with malice
    Commercial break- dryfire...

17. maddog

maddog Guest

lmao, that's a good reason for malice, just make sure chamber is empty .... or oops, time for new tv

18. Thanks, Sharky. When my wife and I married, years and years ago...we had a apt. in Buford for a few months. It was a few months too long. Best of luck on finding a new place, man. :D

19. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

:rotfl:

I'm guilty of carrying a gun into the bathroom. I lock the door and put my .38 airweight on the throne. It's probably excessively paranoid, but if there is one situation I don't want to happen it is dying buck-naked. In the bedroom asserting my manhood, that's OK, in the bathroom stepping out of the shower... no. Takes all of 2 seconds to pick it up and take it with me, lol. Can you imagine the look on a crooks face if you walk out of the bathroom with a .38... :shock: