Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20101 ... twice.html

Licensed gun-holder loses guns & permits after he and cops lock horns -- twice

"They locked me up for loitering at a bus stop," said Solomon, who has a special concealed-carry permit for security-training officers and one of the controversial gun permits issued by Florida. "And they took my guns away."

Police think that Solomon was being insolent and used poor judgment, including by showing up armed at the same bus stop at which he was arrested the previous day.

"If he's that defiant, should this guy have a gun?" said Sgt. Ray Evers, a police spokesman. "The most uncommon human trait is common sense. He's not using good, adult judgment."

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
The day after his first arrest last week, Solomon returned to the same bus stop and began taking pictures of others who were standing around, as he was instructed to do by an attorney he consulted, he said.

. . .

He said that the same two beat cops approached him and that one of them erased the pictures from his cell phone. He said that one of the cops pocketed his Florida gun permit and that they took another handgun away from him.

. . .

He was again taken into custody and held for six hours. He said he received a property receipt for his gun, but not his permit. He was not charged with a crime, according to online court records.

Evers said that Solomon has been "evasive and uncooperative" and that police had every right to take his guns and permits.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
The day after his first arrest last week, Solomon returned to the same bus stop and began taking pictures of others who were standing around, as he was instructed to do by an attorney he consulted, he said.

. . .

He said that the same two beat cops approached him and that one of them erased the pictures from his cell phone. He said that one of the cops pocketed his Florida gun permit and that they took another handgun away from him.

. . .

He was again taken into custody and held for six hours. He said he received a property receipt for his gun, but not his permit. He was not charged with a crime, according to online court records.

Evers said that Solomon has been "evasive and uncooperative" and that police had every right to take his guns and permits.
I'll translate Evers statement: "That Black man got just a little too uppity for his own good, and we're going to put him in his place."

I hope Solomon sues and wins big.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Note to self.... (Oh never mind!)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
"The gun has been taken because when you go through the process of arrest, we have the right to take your gun and secure it and you have to fight to get it back," he said. "If the cops tell you to move four times and you don't move, what do you expect?"
Disturbing. I hope he sues them for all they're worth.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The taking of the permit seems to be a typical thing for the Philly PD. They did this to a fellow I know up there.

Take the permit, take the guns. Then send a letter demanding that he turn in the permit. And then, Charge him with carrying without a permit for the same encounter ( I know, it makes no sense, they did it none the less ).

Good luck getting the firearm and permit back.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
There are a few threads currently active on PAFOA forums which chronicle a lawful gun carrier being harassed by PPD and having their guns/permits confiscated without legal justification. The fascist cesspool that Philly has become is staggering considering the important role it played in the independence of this country.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Philly is the only reason that Pennsylvania is not a "Gold State" for gun honors. Other citizens of the state have never considered Philly to be part of it. I made two trips to the cesspool in my life. I don't need a third.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
It sounds like Philly is a 5th, 4th and 2nd amendment free zone.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Just another example of some LEOs either forgetting or never learning the laws they're sworn to uphold. I can't really blame the officers involved when I read what their commander had to say on the situation. They obviously have been trained by an ignorant, arrogant and omnipotent jerk!!!

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
CountryGun said:
Philly is the only reason that Pennsylvania is not a "Gold State" for gun honors. Other citizens of the state have never considered Philly to be part of it. I made two trips to the cesspool in my life. I don't need a third.
State law prevents "Gold Star" status not local Philly law.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
CountryGun said:
State law prevents "Gold Star" status not local Philly law.
I stand corrected, but not by much. Pennsylvania has two issues, but mostly regarding Philly. From OpenCarry.org:

Pennsylvania

Summary
Pennsylvania is a traditional open carry state. There are 2 issues that prevent it from being a "Gold Star" open carry state. First, you must have a permit to open carry in the city of Philadelphia and second, you must have a permit to open carry in a vehicle. However, PA recognizes the permits of all 50 states for open/concealed carry in vehicles.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
State law makes Philly off-limits without a LTCF, not a Philly ordinance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts