phillips arena clarity...

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by joeydisasteroid, Dec 26, 2010.

1. joeydisasteroid

joeydisasteroid New Member

Okay so I have been through the search feature but I just wanted to be absolutely sure of the security check at phillips. Im going to be going to the Thrashers game thursday (to see the Bruins... "ducks in anticipation of rotten fruit") and wanted to be sure I wasnt going to get strung up for carrying. I have a little LCP in a fobus ankle holster I was going to wear since they may do pocket checks, belt line checks etc. I may decide to have a beer or two so I may not even carry but I wanted to get a confirmation on what security was like down there. Thanks!

2. AirCrew

AirCrew New Member

Last time I was there...almost a year ago...there was purse checks but no wands and I was not checked at all. I hear conflicting reports from the place though...sometimes wands sometimes not.

3. ZTC

ZTC Member

Perfectly legal! Last time I went they just had me pull what I had in my pocket out. They never touched me just looked to see what I had in my hand. If you're found to have one on you you'll probably just be asked to leave. No law against having a adult beverage either! Just be responsible!

4. Hughduffel

Hughduffel Member

I was at phillips arena for the hawks game tonight. I came to the building armed, but I saw them wanding everyone, so I had to go back to the car and leave it. Seems like they're not very consistent with their security.

5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

At places like this and the aquarium when they wand... are they just wanding around the waist and upper torso? Could you get by them with an ankle rig?
    I don't plan on going to either but the info may be helpful.

6. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

Hawks crowd vs. Thrashers crowd.....totally different crowd......I'm just saying........

7. joeydisasteroid

joeydisasteroid New Member

I dunno, I know some hooligans in the hockey fan world...none of them are from atlanta...hockey in the south is a different thing than up north. I was absolutely shocked with the lack of security when I walked in the door. There was an APD officer to the right smoking and minding his own. And the zit faced bean pole of a kid only asked me to lift my hat! I was the only one that was even remotely checked in the line. The guy with the kid in his arms walked right in. I guess its a good thing I left my cranium mounted death ray at the house...coulda been a bad night.

8. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Asked me what was in my pockets. Showed him my GPS, siad I did not want to leave it in the car. Made my wife throw out her water bottle. Thrashers game.

9. jbabbler

jbabbler Member

We went to the circus last year and they asked me to empty my pockets. I was carrying a Glock 23 IWB. It sat with me the entire evening.

10. chp5

chp5 Member

I took my son and 3 of his friends to the Hawks game last night. I left everything in the car.

Security had wands, but didn't use them on me. The guard only asked me to empty my pockets. I had cargo pants on, but only emptied my two front pockets. She waved my through. It's only a facade of security really.

11. 70755

70755 Guest

News reports today say per NBA directive Phillips will be hand wanding all patrons of this weekends Hawks-Bulls games.