Pharmaceutical or BioMed Industry

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by btseagle98, Jun 24, 2016.

1. btseagle98

btseagle98 Member

Howdy folks,

I was wondering if anyone on the board either works with a Pharmaceutical other type of BioMed company in the Atlanta area.

After realizing that while she LOVES science, she has no desire to remain in a lab doing research after having done so for the last decade+. She could always go the teaching route (and will if needed) but she really wants to put her brilliant mind (and soon to be completed PHd in Molecular Biology) and infectious (no pun intended) personality to good use in a sales/marketing role.

Only issue we've been having is that everyone is passing on her because she doesn't have two+ yrs of sales/marketing experience. I of course think this is hogwash, but I may be a little biased. Besides, she has spent a large portion of her Post-Graduate program having to give presentations convincing a panel full of tenured, well established, know-it-all professors that her research is legit, while fending off purposely designed "gotcha questions", requesting funding, etc, etc...well, in my book if that isn't "experience" I don't know what is.

She is not expecting a free ride by any means. If she has to do lab work or other job functions in order to work up to a sales/marketing role, she will...but that is the main goal.

So anyway, if any of you good people are in either of these fields/industries, and could offer a heads up on some openings or wouldn't mind dropping a few references, I would greatly appreciate it. Even if you just know someone in this field who may be able to assist but don't want to blindly recommend a stranger, PM me and I will put you in touch with her including a link to her LinkedIn page. If you're in the Atlanta area, we could all even meet for lunch (on me) and we could introduce ourselves.

Thank you!
    Ben

2. tsangster

tsangster Member

3. btseagle98

btseagle98 Member