Permit holders rarely stop crime. GPDO, BTFO.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017...s-stops-alleged-sexual-assault-female-runner/

2. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Because I carry to defend myself not to stop crime. That's the government's job. My permit does not come with a badge nor a cape.

3. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

If the NYT didn't report it, it didn't happen.

4. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

And how many crimes have the police stopped in progress lately? I bet the statistics are similar.

5. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

The logic is flawed. My mere presence is a deterrent even though I've never stopped a crime in progress and I'm statistically unlikely to stop any crime past an attempted murdering or mugging of me. Using that for a basis though is like saying traffic lights cause accidents without accounting for anything else.

6. Taurus92

Mutually assured destruction only works if you have the weapons. Self defense only works if you have the weapon. The deterrent is in knowing that you do and is the same in both cases.

7. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

So we're crime fighters now?

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

If we're not, then we have no business carrying guns. Only someone who needs to enforce the law needs to carry a gun.

If you're not fighting crime, you just need to submit to it, or blow a whistle, or pee on your attacker.

/sarcasm

9. Taurus92

Crimes against ourselves or our families? Yes we are. Caped crusaders flying around the city? Not so much.

10. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Exactly.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

So you'd tell the woman, "Hey, he said he's a virgin. Stop struggling, and you will be less likely to be hurt. I would help you, but, hey, it's not like you are a member of my family. And you're not me. Sucks to be you."

12. Taurus92

[​IMG]

I'll have to get back to you on that one. :-k

13. Taurus92

It's the LEO's job to go out looking for crimes. Not mine. The comparison I commented on was carriers crime stopping vs LEO.

Without immunity, without a union, without a paid for legal team the situation would have to determine how far I step up should I walk into a active crime scene.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That's true for everybody.

As for the post before that :lol::rotfl: I had a bunch of strangers wondering why I was laughing.

15. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Assuming that is a female sex organ carrying person, no problem, them has batman with her/hyr/hur or whatever it is claiming its proper to be called.

Nemo

16. Taurus92

It's rebellion and as soon as it becomes a norm, there will be another generation that wants to rebel against it. Congrats to the mental health industry that has created a perpetual income stream for itself. "No, get over it" isn't abuse by parents.

17. Taurus92

Anyway, back on topic.

https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2908232&postcount=21

18. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Apparantly, that wasn't the case. It sounds like the perp either shot himself in the struggle or the intervener got a hold of the perps gun and shot him. He apparently did NOT get a gun from his car.

Ah, how I love the media...forget the facts, just report what they *think* happened?

19. Taurus92

So, you were there or do you just have an opposing media link?

So far, I've read the attacker was shot in the thigh, the side and the face, but I've yet to read the guy he fought with didn't have a license and/or didn't get a gun out of his vehicle after the struggle, which early reports did say.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  20. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

It is good to see that some young men (22) are willing to get involved in something like this that could go so wrong for them. Very proud of the young man.