Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017...s-stops-alleged-sexual-assault-female-runner/

The woman said she tried to use a whistle to attract help but the suspect had her pinned down. Moreover, he placed his hand over her mouth to mute her screams.

The suspect allegedly told the woman that he was “a virgin†as he assaulted her.

At some point, the woman was able to scream and nearby armed jogger heard her. He ran toward the scream with his handgun and flashlight drawn and ordered the suspect to get off the woman. The attacker allegedly stood up “naked from the waist down†and took off running with the woman’s shoes and shorts.
On January 12, 2017, he New York Times editorial board wrote against expanding the opportunities for armed citizens to be armed for self-defense. The paper claimed, “The grim truth is that concealed-carry permit holders are rarely involved in stopping crime.â€

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Because I carry to defend myself not to stop crime. That's the government's job. My permit does not come with a badge nor a cape.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
If the NYT didn't report it, it didn't happen.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
The logic is flawed. My mere presence is a deterrent even though I've never stopped a crime in progress and I'm statistically unlikely to stop any crime past an attempted murdering or mugging of me. Using that for a basis though is like saying traffic lights cause accidents without accounting for anything else.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
The logic is flawed. My mere presence is a deterrent even though I've never stopped a crime in progress and I'm statistically unlikely to stop any crime past an attempted murdering or mugging of me. Using that for a basis though is like saying traffic lights cause accidents without accounting for anything else.
Mutually assured destruction only works if you have the weapons. Self defense only works if you have the weapon. The deterrent is in knowing that you do and is the same in both cases.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
If we're not, then we have no business carrying guns. Only someone who needs to enforce the law needs to carry a gun.

If you're not fighting crime, you just need to submit to it, or blow a whistle, or pee on your attacker.

/sarcasm

So we're crime fighters now?

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Crimes against ourselves or our families? Yes we are. Caped crusaders flying around the city? Not so much.
So you'd tell the woman, "Hey, he said he's a virgin. Stop struggling, and you will be less likely to be hurt. I would help you, but, hey, it's not like you are a member of my family. And you're not me. Sucks to be you."

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
So you'd tell the woman, "Hey, he said he's a virgin. Stop struggling, and you will be less likely to be hurt. I would help you, but, hey, it's not like you are a member of my family. And you're not me. Sucks to be you."

I'll have to get back to you on that one. :-k

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
It's the LEO's job to go out looking for crimes. Not mine. The comparison I commented on was carriers crime stopping vs LEO.

Without immunity, without a union, without a paid for legal team the situation would have to determine how far I step up should I walk into a active crime scene.

·
69,784 Posts
the situation would have to determine how far I step up should I walk into a active crime scene.
That's true for everybody.

As for the post before that :lol::rotfl: I had a bunch of strangers wondering why I was laughing.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,174 Posts

I'll have to get back to you on that one. :-k
Assuming that is a female sex organ carrying person, no problem, them has batman with her/hyr/hur or whatever it is claiming its proper to be called.

Nemo

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
or whatever it is claiming its proper to be called.
It's rebellion and as soon as it becomes a norm, there will be another generation that wants to rebel against it. Congrats to the mental health industry that has created a perpetual income stream for itself. "No, get over it" isn't abuse by parents.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Anyway, back on topic.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2908232&postcount=21
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/24/te...rce=site-share

One church member, 22-year-old Caleb Engle, confronted the shooter before being pistol whipped in the face. Engle then went to his car to retrieve a gun, which he has under a concealed carry license. Engle returned the church to confront the gunman again. The gunman shot himself in the face when the man returned, possibly on accident.

"He's the hero here," Nashville police chief Steve Anderson said. "He's the person who stopped this madness in its tracks."

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Apparantly, that wasn't the case. It sounds like the perp either shot himself in the struggle or the intervener got a hold of the perps gun and shot him. He apparently did NOT get a gun from his car.

Ah, how I love the media...forget the facts, just report what they *think* happened?
So, you were there or do you just have an opposing media link?

Nashville police chief Steve Anderson said.
So far, I've read the attacker was shot in the thigh, the side and the face, but I've yet to read the guy he fought with didn't have a license and/or didn't get a gun out of his vehicle after the struggle, which early reports did say.

·
Cross-drawer
7,332 Posts
It is good to see that some young men (22) are willing to get involved in something like this that could go so wrong for them. Very proud of the young man.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.