Permit Acquired

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by adams020604, Aug 23, 2006.

1. adams020604

adams020604 New Member

I got a text message from my wife saying "guess what I got." I myself didnt have the slightest idea of what she may have gotten and at some point I really didnt feel like guessing. So I just called her and asked her what she got. She was telling me she went the the mailbox and she got my firearm permit in the mail.

Took to darn long, I applied for it on April 10, 2006 and just now got it. I was really looking at somewhere around the middle of September. I'm just thankful it came. Now I'm about to go and look at the places that are off limits. If anyone know of any off limit places please let me know. You know how this site doesnt update enough.

2. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Huh???

:?:

This site stays updated (and is online more often than not)more regulary than the coveted packing.org

This site gets updated faster than microsoft can spit out a new service pack for windows.

The probate courts can't seem to figure out when new gun laws go into effect or even how to properly read and apply them.

Heck, this site is even more updated than the General Assembly's website.

I think you'll find the information here more current than you'll find anywhere else.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

5. merlock

merlock New Member

This is *not* an attack, but :bsflag:

I've gotten more info here than I can articulate in the short time I've been a member.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Mr. Adams,

Was this meant sarcastically? I don't mean to pile on, but if you are serious, maybe you just need some guidance from others on the board about the information resources available here.

7. adams020604

adams020604 New Member

No,what I meant was that some of the veteran posters are on here more than I am. Being that they have more knowledge than I do, also most of you guys have had your GFL way longer than I have. So when I say they dont update on this site of where the place off-limit are , I only mean that you guys can tell me resturants or places where I can carry and where I cant carry, places that the site here doesnt state.

I hope you guys can forgive me for previous post. Sorry if I stirred up some trouble here.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

nah, not trouble... more like confusion.

When someone asks a question like about National Forests or reports that they saw a no guns sign, I add that to either the Places Not off limits or the places off limits, depending on what it is.

So basically if you don't see it on one of those pages or in the places off limits topic, we probably have not talked about it before. If that is the case, more than just yourself would probably benifit from knowing so feel free create a topic and ask or email me if you don't want to post it.

Even if you find an old topic and you have a question, post in the topic to revive it for more discussion.

9. adams020604

adams020604 New Member

Thanks for your help :) I hope to see some of you guys off the forum around sometime. Peace and Love

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Speaking of updates, earlier today I finished the parks list update and Palmetto has no restrictions on park carry. :D

11. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

You can, on Sunday. 8)

georgiapacking shooting event

12. Malum Prohibitum

So, whatd'ya say?

13. adams020604

adams020604 New Member

I say.... In the words on Stone Cold Steve Austin, "Oh Hell Yeah!" :lol: But I need to find something closer into atlanta. Maybe I can find something at Autrey's Armory.

14. R65

R65 New Member

DeKalb update

I applied on 8/23 or so and it arrived yesterday 10/2, About 6 weeks was way faster than anticipated!

15. brett30030

brett30030 New Member

Dekalb update

applied 8/6 received 9/30. This includes being called back to reprint after 2 weeks. No complaints here.

16. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Re: Dekalb update

8/6/05 to 9/30/06 sounds about right...

17. brett30030

brett30030 New Member

Correction on the dates for Dekalb, applied 8/2/2006 received in mail 10/2/2006.

sorry to disappoint you mzmtg, how long did it take you mzmtg from Acworth to get your permit in Dekalb county?