People who sell weight loss suppliments / snake oil.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by TITAN308, Oct 25, 2016.

1. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

I belong to a few local for sale groups on FB and I see a couple of these a week.

Why is it everyone I see selling these things are fat and out of shape? Doesn't seem like a good way to advertise.

:popcorn:

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

"Don't get high on your own supply?" Jk

4. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

I see the body wraps that are supposed to be game changers in losing weight. Yet it seems each picture week after week, the "model" is getting larger.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I often pass by a psychic / fortune teller's place.
    Recently she went out of business.
    Then a salvage company showed up to haul off all her furniture and business equipment.

I'll bet she didn't see THAT coming!

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Also, consider the "placebo effect."

Even if the "magic weight loss elixir" has no pharmacological effect (the body would not react to it, but for the person's perceptions and expectstions), it could still be very effective.

Placebos are known to be effective, although not all illnesses respond to such treatment to the same extent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10367099/

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Nobody likes hard work and discipline. Tell them you have an easier way, and they will shower you with money. Lazy fools.

8. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

What really bothers me is people like this vote. Drive 4000lb vehicles. Hell, they may even own guns.

And they still think a pill or a piece of wrap is going to magically make the science of calories in calories out vanish.

9. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Lol, I've always wanted to walk, wait for them to ask my name, and reply "You tell me."

10. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Your name is John.

I was under the impression these places were fronts for palm action, not necessarily palm reading.

11. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Do a search on Meg McCarthy on FB. She is a friend's niece. She works out hard too though. Her before and after pictures are pretty impressive.