PBS: John Meacham on restoring the AWB

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Quest50, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

2. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

[/quote:26qc1qen]
    Freedom is worth the deaths. It's worth another 6 dead Americans not to have more gun control laws. It's also worth another two office towers and 3000 dead Americans not to have the DHS, TSA and the Patriot Act trampling our Constitutional rights.

3. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

Are you being serious with me right now?

No, wait, you're right. An estimated 25,000 American deaths weren't worth independence and freedom from British rule. No amount of liberty is worth that.

And 3000 Americans did not have to die. The passengers on those planes were forced to be defenseless victims. Had they had the means to fight back, that number could have been cut down.

I genuinely hope you're just messing with me.

4. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I think you have misread my statement. It IS worth another two office towers and 3000 dead Americans NOT to have the DHS, TSA and the Patriot Act trampling our Constitutional rights.

I am serious about the above statement. Even if more freedom = more deaths, I'm all for freedom - no joke.

I also agree - at a minimum the pilots should have been armed pre-9/11.

5. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little tempory safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

7. pml

pml Active Member

aw crap, does this mean prices are going up again? just when i can't spend.

8. BourneEBR

BourneEBR New Member

He said "clip" like a dozen times. *cringe* :shock:

9. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Time to buy stock in Smith & Wesson (SWHC) :mrgreen:

10. Deek

Deek Active Member

I always love how they start off with "first off, I'm a shotgun owner (or whatever other gun), so that makes me pro gun and my opinion that much more legitimate".

Zero logic whatsoever, I would but dollars to pennies that I can more accurately hit more targets reloading 7 round magazines than the average thug can with a 30 round magazine. Not to sound sick, but the aftermath of my shots would be heavy fatalities, the thugs' would be a lot of wounded people.

While we're at it, we should put less ink in pens so we won't have as many misspelled words. :rolleyes: