Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1801 - 1820 of 1849 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
ADE... Antibody Dependent Enhancement

"Antibody-based drugs and vaccines against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) are being expedited through preclinical and clinical development. Data from the study of SARS-CoV and other respiratory viruses suggest that anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies could exacerbate COVID-19 through antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE)."

I have a feeling this happened to a friend's dad. He had gotten his first vaccine dose, and now he's working his way out of the ICU. I wish they would let us see the data on this. Right now, anyone that isn't at least 14 days post final corona vaccine is considered "unvaccinated." I want to know how many people got their first (or only) dose, and still ended up in the hospital within the 14 day period. I know they won't ever reveal that though.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
"Going forwards, it will be crucial to evaluate animal and clinical datasets for signs of ADE, and to balance ADE-related safety risks against intervention efficacy if clinical ADE is observed. Ongoing animal and human clinical studies will provide important insights into the mechanisms of ADE in COVID-19. Such evidence is sorely needed to ensure product safety in the large-scale medical interventions that are likely required to reduce the global burden of COVID-19."

This suggests the long term risks of the vaccines are not yet fully understood nor studied. Are the vaccinated now the long term study for ADE covid 19?

I did not draw the same conclusion from the article that you did. Given that article is over a year old now and the newest citations were in the June/July 2020 timeframe, indications are that the research is 15 months old. I suspect the questions raised have since been answered and likely informed vaccination issuance decisions in December 2020.

ADE is not specific to vaccines. A standard immune response or treatment via other therapies also could result in ADE.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Some COVID patients and their families have sued hospitals when doctors have declined to offer ivermectin. In May, a DuPage County judge ordered Elmhurst Hospital to allow a comatose patient, Nurije Fype, to receive the medication after none of its physicians agreed to administer it.

An outside doctor gave Fype the drugs, and according to social media accounts account run by her daughter, she improved and eventually returned home.
However, Veronica Wolski was denied Ivermectin, and she died.

Notice how the article points out she was a Qanon conspiracy theorist as if it served her right?

Yes, they really do hate you.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
I did not draw the same conclusion from the article that you did. Given that article is over a year old now and the newest citations were in the June/July 2020 timeframe, indications are that the research is 15 months old. I suspect the questions raised have since been answered and likely informed vaccination issuance decisions in December 2020.

ADE is not specific to vaccines. A standard immune response or treatment via other therapies also could result in ADE.

Organism Font Event Photo caption History

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,807 ·
Reactions: Bkite

·
PawPaw x 3
8,754 Posts
I know you are attempting to console yourself on your own personal decision to take the vaccine by attempting to undermine those who have refused to take it.
I don't know if Malum Prohibitum is trying to console himself or not but I can honestly tell you that an ER nurse friend of mine, who was once a Medic in the Armed services and who is now close to retiring, is lamenting the fact that he took the Holy Jab. He is an intellectual, hard working family man who professes to walk with Christ. He has been keeping abreast of the information available to him and is now regretting his decision to succumb. His story here can be seen as anecdotal particularly when viewed and considered by esteemed lawyer types and such.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
I don't know if Malum Prohibitum is trying to console himself or not but I can honestly tell you that an ER nurse friend of mine, who was once a Medic in the Armed services and who is now close to retiring, is lamenting the fact that he took the Holy Jab. He is an intellectual, hard working family man who professes to walk with Christ. He has been keeping abreast of the information available to him and is now regretting his decision to succumb. His story here can be seen as anecdotal particularly when viewed and considered by esteemed lawyer types and such.
I feel for him, I really do. Some may view my posts as being snarky but I am simply trying to show how they have been fooled into a false sense of security.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
I feel for him, I really do. Some may view my posts as being snarky but I am simply trying to show how they have been fooled into a false sense of security.
I don’t recall anyone pro-vax claiming a sense of security or even waving a holier than thou flag. But once again instead of open and honest dialog, this thread diverges into disparagement others.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
I don’t recall anyone pro-vax claiming a sense of security or even waving a holier than thou flag. But once again instead of open and honest dialog, this thread diverges into disparagement others.
Wow! I feel so disparaged Mr. Holier than thou.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Two counterpoints: Vaccination may reduce the chance of reinfection and may also help sufferers of long COVID.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I agree. The vaccine does give me a more confidence that i will not contract COVID-19 and if I do, the likelihood of severe illness is significantly reduced. I am fully aware that nothing in life is 100% full proof and this vaccine is no different.

But I am highly confident in the data i have seen that the vaccine is extremely effective both in preventing contracting the it and severe illness.

To me it is up to everyone to make their own choice and live with the consequences of that choice. I chose the vaccine.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,754 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,573 Posts
Two counterpoints: Vaccination may reduce the chance of reinfection and may also help sufferers of long COVID.
May I quote the bottom portion of the article for you:

“If natural immunity is strongly protective, as the evidence to date suggests it is, then vaccinating people who have had covid-19 would seem to offer nothing or very little to benefit, logically leaving only harms—both the harms we already know about as well as those still unknown,” says Christine Stabell Benn, vaccinologist and professor in global health at the University of Southern Denmark. The CDC has acknowledged the small but serious risks of heart inflammation and blood clots after vaccination, especially in younger people. The real risk in vaccinating people who have had covid-19 “is of doing more harm than good,” she says.

A large study in the UK32 and another that surveyed people internationally33 found that people with a history of SARS-CoV-2 infection experienced greater rates of side effects after vaccination. Among 2000 people who completed an online survey after vaccination, those with a history of covid-19 were 56% more likely to experience a severe side effect that required hospital care.33

Patrick Whelan, of UCLA, says the “sky high” antibodies after vaccination in people who were previously infected may have contributed to these systemic side effects. “Most people who were previously ill with covid-19 have antibodies against the spike protein. If they are subsequently vaccinated, those antibodies and the products of the vaccine can form what are called immune complexes,” he explains, which may get deposited in places like the joints, meninges, and even kidneys, creating symptoms.

Other studies suggest that a two dose regimen may be counterproductive.34 One found that in people with past infections, the first dose boosted T cells and antibodies but that the second dose seemed to indicate an “exhaustion,” and in some cases even a deletion, of T cells.34 “I’m not here to say that it’s harmful,” says Bertoletti, who coauthored the study, “but at the moment all the data are telling us that it doesn’t make any sense to give a second vaccination dose in the very short term to someone who was already infected. Their immune response is already very high.”

Despite the extensive global spread of the virus, the previously infected population “hasn’t been studied well as a group,” says Whelan. Memoli says he is also unaware of any studies examining the specific risks of vaccination for that group. Still, the US public health messaging has been firm and consistent: everyone should get a full vaccine dose.

“When the vaccine was rolled out the goal should have been to focus on people at risk, and that should still be the focus,” says Memoli. Such risk stratification may have complicated logistics, but it would also require more nuanced messaging. “A lot of public health people have this notion that if the public is told that there’s even the slightest bit of uncertainty about a vaccine, then they won’t get it,” he says. For Memoli, this reflects a bygone paternalism. “I always think it’s much better to be very clear and honest about what we do and don’t know, what the risks and benefits are, and allow people to make decisions for themselves.”

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
May I quote the bottom portion of the article for you:
The devil is in the details and especially in the footnotes. Reading that article and asking “is there risk?” certainly gets an answer of “yes”. Reading that article and asking “are vaccine risks higher than COVID risks?” gets out in the weeds a bit but settles about the same as the previous heart inflammation discussion (chances being ~12.6 per million people). The likelihood of a ** * and low potential of ** to ** **** and **** for 24-48 hours is far better than the risk of having to deal COVID side effects.

*Note: footnote spoilers redacted

1801 - 1820 of 1849 Posts