Paying Attention To Viruses?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Nemo, Jan 27, 2020.

1. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

2. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Testing at Tech, UGA, and Southern is just now catching the front edges of the next spike. It’s already here, but it will take 2 more weeks to show up statistically. The same will hold true for any Labor Day weekend spikes — those will show up by the 26th.

3. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

More history on the (so called) esteemed Dr. Fauci.

"You may have heard the name Harvey Risch. If not, you will likely hear about him in the not too distant future. Some, particularly in the mainstream media, will likely try to smear him as a crackpot, or, at the least, as someone who is commenting on an area of science that is outside his area of expertise. Don’t believe any of this propaganda you are likely to hear. Believe instead those who point out that Dr. Risch is a science and public policy hero for coming forward to point out the failings of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the NIAD that Fauci leads, and the FDA that is the umbrella agency over the whole sordid mess."

https://www.palmerfoundation.com.au...deaths-of-hundreds-of-thousands-of-americans/

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

UP has some very interesting findings in the Covid Vaccine search.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/health/university-pittsburgh-antibody-neutralizes-coronavirus

Schweisshund likes this.
  5. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

Nifty!

Not a vaccine - it's a drug which competes with COVID for binding with ACE2 receptors (the receptors the virus uses to attack cells), so it prevents the spread of the virus *within* the body of an infected person (which would also reduce their capacity for infecting others). It would be a nice partner to a vaccine.

If there's one bright spot to this pandemic, it's that it's kicked some smart folks into high gear. Not "Manhattan Project" level by any means, but a collective global effort among scientists to get a vaccine to phase 3 within half a year, plus all this other drug development work? Impressive and heartening.

DH

ps. A little better writeup at PittWire, plus a link to the actual Cell paper: https://www.pittwire.pitt.edu/news/...highly-effective-preventing-and-treating-sars

6. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

You need to find some better news sources. "Washington Times" is owned by the Moonies (at least that's what Reverend Moon's cult used to be called... I still do, being a dinosaur, I guess!)

Personally, I just like to go to primary sources, in this case the actual paper by Yan Li-meng: https://zenodo.org/record/4028830#.X2TCUy9h1js

Couple of things to point out. First, this is a pre-print site where "papers" can be published without peer review; it's a way for crackpots to get their "research" published when no actual journal will give them the time of day. I could write a paper today about how Peeps are a Satanic plot to undermine Easter, maybe throw some equations in there so it looks cool, and I can have it up on Zenodo tomorrow, where Washington Times and others can cite it ("Satanic Plot to Destroy Easter! Atlanta-based Physicist confirms!")

Another thing is to look at the sponsor of the paper - that's the organization listed under the byline: "Rule of Law Society & Rule of Law Foundation"

That's Steve Bannon's and Guo Wengui's outfit. The paper is purely intended as disinformation.

Folks need to pay attention to their information diet! You are what you "eat", both in body and mind.

DH

7. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

and some people are just full of shi...................
    Including me at times.

8. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

Exactly.

Joe Biden, Anderson Cooper Stop Social Distancing During Commercials.

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

So it's wrong for someone, in this case Bannon and Wengui, to try to be a counterpoint for the disinformation that China itself generates? I don't see that as a problem.

10. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

11. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

This damn hoax needs to be OVER! I just had to watch through a damn screen as a good friend said goodbye to her mom. I couldn't be there to hug her, or even talk to her just because a few idiotic commie-loving dumbocrats can't stand a cheeto with a bad toupee in what is only the THIRD most important of the three perverted, corrupt, idiotic, jacked up, brain-dead, pedophilic, scumbag, scum-sucking, hate-spewing branches of "government!" I hope everyone one of those manure-bags that is pushing this crap, fauci, pelosi, biden, harris, whitmer, redfield, xi, loses someone very close to them and doesn't get to properly say good bye! ALL OF THEM! It's nothing those power-mad America-hating idiots don't deserve!

12. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

You don’t want to counter disinformation with more disinformation. That IS a problem.

You counter it with high-quality news sources and your own rational, educated assessments.

I mean, come on, in what universe is Bannon even remotely credible?

DH

13. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Don't hold back brother! Tell us how you really feel!

Savannah Dan likes this.
  14. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Just a heads up. This may surprise some of you, but I want you to all know, that I volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19, held here in TN. The vaccine is one that was created in Russia. I received my first shot today at 1:00 pm, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

15. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Says the pot to the kettle.

Bkite likes this.
  16. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

:D

17. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Maybe another side effect will be an improvement overall in your choice of females to post.:mrgreen:

18. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

So your assumption is that Bannon and Wengui and the authors/sources they give voice to on their platform aren't credible. OK. These past six months have seen a lot of highly credible sources completely shut down and disparaged by "experts" and politicians because they went contrary to the planned narrative. But you're right. I'll use my own rational, educated assessments to determine who I'll listen to.