Paying Attention To Viruses?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Nemo, Jan 27, 2020.

1. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

2. Clark

Clark Active Member

I guarantee you every person with a reported side effect will be counted as another corona "case."

Harhib likes this.

3. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I guarantee you are correct.

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

It's okay, y'all can go first. I'll get that vaccine... Never.

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

In the interest of fairness and to show my support for those oppressed and downtrodden under the evil white man's jackboot, I will take my place in line at the very end of it. Even better, I'll just stay home and relinquish my position to another oppressed person. It's the least I can do.

Harhib likes this.
  6. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

The end of the line forms in front of me.

7. moe mensale

To paraphrase Señor Gold Hat:
    "Protocols? We ain't got no protocols. We don't need no protocols. We don't have to show you any stinkin' protocols!"

[​IMG]

8. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

9. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

10. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

And I will be in line behind Phil.

Phil1979 likes this.
  11. Mstr-Chris

Odd. I clicked on it from Drudge at work and was able to read the article. Now home and it shows you need to sign up. It'll show up on another site.

12. moe mensale

Why so much hate for hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic? Like everything else, follow the money.

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2020/08/03/hydroxychloroquine-one-more-time/

13. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

Just as a point of clarification: mRNA viruses don't "reengineer" the DNA. Whoever Carrie Madej is, she needs to brush up on her molecular genetics.

I wish they did! That would be freaking amazing! Cure for cancer, unravel genetic and childhood diseases, that's one of the holy grails of genetic medicine, finding a way to rewrite somatic cells at the genomic level.

(30 years ago I worked on trying to "harness" HIV to use as a genetic surgery tool - plausible, since it's a retrovirus. Joint project with Georgia Tech and the US Army. It eventually led to the HIV "cocktail" - I worked on gp120 glycoproteins myself - but thus far has never led to plausible engineering applications. Maybe someday!)

DH

Savannah Dan likes this.
  14. Mstr-Chris

15. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Sore toes are not on the list. I am pretty sure anyway. About everything else is.

Nemo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...d-symptoms-you-need-to-know-about/ss-BB17W417

16. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

17. Hombre

Hombre PITA

This pandemic BS has the whole medical field completely jacked up. My 78 year old father has Parkinson's, brittle bones, etc. A few days ago, as his wife was backing their RV into a campsite, he (foolishly) hopped out, fell and broke his pelvic socket. Long ambulance ride to an ER, where they tried to figure out what to do about it, and I'm sure the fact that their staff is all tied up with this pandemic crap was one factor in them deciding against surgery. Plus, they didn't want him residing in the hospital for what probably would have been a fairly long time.

Being stressed and over-worked, the hospital staff was very uncaring to him, and treated him quite roughly. Some nurses were physically quite rough with him. They neglected to change his Depends, so he sat in his waste for quite some time. They neglected to feed him during the 24+ hours he was there. It was like they simply forgot to do those 2 very important things. He kept calling his wife, pleading for her to come get him. Of course, she was unable to visit him there, at all.

Then they sent his freaking ass home, with a broken pelvis. The two EMT's could not carry him up his front stairs into his house, so they called 2 firemen to come help. 4 guys carried him up his long front stairs into his house in a freaking blanket or sheet, then put him in his recliner. A day later, Kaiser sent an in-home nurse to care for him, as well as a rental hospital bed. Having a broke pelvis, he can't use a bedpan, so he has to continue to use Depends, and the nurse or his wife has to change them. And he cannot bathe or shower.

His wife raised holy hell at Wellstar for the way they treated him. Being on Kaiser, who is an excellent health care provider, but does not have hospitals, they have to coordinate things between their doctors and whatever hospital he had to go to. It is all one very huge sh.. sammich, caused mainly by the effect this pandemic is having on the entire medical industry. Some of it is legitimate logistical difficulties, but a lot of it is utter BS, due to incompetence and idiots.

If it weren't for Covid, he would have been treated properly in a hospital, then sent home or to a rehab place when he was ready for that.

Sorry for my rant, but just giving another viewpoint from seeing what is actually going on.

18. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Rants are good. Some will understand. Some don't matter. Now is not the time to have medical issues but excrement happens. I hope your Dad the best with all this. When I take a knee tonight I will keep him in mind. Some appreciate that. Some don't matter.

TimBob likes this.