Paulding County Replacement, I'm amazed

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Sine Nomen, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I went last week to the Probate court in Paulding county to get a replacement GFL (lost my wallet) After running my DL number through the computer system and not finding any evidence of my existence, the nice young lady disappeared into a back room and emerged with my *original* hand-written application from 2003. She made a note on it of the re-issue and promptly printed, laminated, stamped, and handed over my new permit, all in exchange for $5 and a fingerprint. (She even had Windex and tissue handy to wash the ink off my finger.)

I had really expected to meet slow and unhelpful staffers telling me I had to re-apply for the permit and then wait an unnecessarily long time to have it mailed to my house. Instead, they were knowledgeable and prepared enough to give me what I needed and send me on my merry way in about 20 minutes. :D

Thank You Paulding!

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

wow. I don't even know what to say.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

=D>
    That is the way it is supposed to work

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Maybe they just don't want to get sued. :lol:

For what it's worth... I went though a long experience getting my GFL in DeKalb. Mine says "Copy" on it... since the post office apparently lost my original. 8 months later I have yet to see the original.