Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paul Pelosi said to be ‘violently assaulted’ with a hammer in targeted S.F. home invasion

I do not understand why this headline put the violently assaulted in quotes - do they doubt it?

FBI and local authorities are investigating.

Mr. Pelosi is hospitalized.

The Speaker of the House was not present at the time.

· Registered
3,606 Posts
Why did I just have a flashback to when Senator Harry Reid got badly beaten by an "exercise machine". Or is this one of those truly random crimes?

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is an 82 year old man and the reporting indicates the assault was in the middle of the night. He was presumably sleeping and was assaulted by a home invader.

San Francisco police officers responded to the Pelosi residence at approximately 2:27 am, according to a spokesperson. San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott will provide more details Friday.

· Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,944 Posts
Domestic terrorism.
I think people who commit acts of domestic terrorism that result in serious injury to any person should be eligible for execution.

The victim doesn't have to die to make the death penalty fair and just, and good for all of society.

· Registered
9,326 Posts
Another white supremacist violent criminal terrorist ?

Reminder, turn on your alarm system before bed.

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Domestic terrorism.
I think people who commit acts of domestic terrorism that result in serious injury to any person should be eligible for execution.

The victim doesn't have to die to make the death penalty fair and just, and good for all of society.
I am not familiar with California law, but presumably this would be charged as Code 459 PC Home Invasion and CA Penal Code 245(a)(1) PC Assault with a Deadly Weapon. I don't know enough to know if any Federal charges would be pending considering Mr. Pelosi is a private citizen unlike his wife who was not present at the time of the assault. Any ideas here?

· Registered
1,933 Posts
Here is the latest:

PAUL PELOSI ATTACKS CONFUSED MAN WHO ACCIDENTALLY WANDERED INTO HIS HOME

A poor mentality challenged man accidentally wandered into the home of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi early this morning. The Speaker wasn’t home but her husband Paul was. Paul heard a noise and grabbed a hammer to confront the poor man. Paul started to swing the hammer at the mentally challenged man who then took the hammer away from the crazed old man. Mister Pelosi continued to try to attack the man who had no choice but defend himself with the hammer as he tried to defend himself from the assault of the Speakers husband.

Naw, not really. I was just thinking like a left wing journalist for a few minutes. I believe it would have been written like this if a Republican’s spouse.

Reactions: NTA

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Last I heard of substance (summary) is Mr. Pelosi was at home, alarm sounded, he called cops and went to investigate taking a hammer with him.

Found looney tune had broken in the back door and they engaged. Crook took the hammer away from Pelosi and struck him in the head. Cops arrived, arrested crook and transported victim to local hospital. He (reportedly) was getting surgical intervention to a head wound from the hammer.

Comment-- Good thing victim did not bring a gun to confront the intruder. It would have been taken from him and he shot to death.

Nemo

Reactions: Match10

· Member Georgia Carry
13,055 Posts
Well, the poor old man knew he needed a weapon. Too bad he couldn't afford to have a gun... oh, wait!

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
News report a moment ago. Out of surgery for a fractured skull. Doing well.

Nemo

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Didn't note that part.

Nemo

· Registered
9,326 Posts
Worth $100 million+, and no security. Not even enough to stop a crazy person.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts