Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
68,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent GSSA's President an email and this is what I received. I thought some of you in his district might be interested.

Mr. Stone,
The email that you sent to me is being forwarded to Bob Thornton for him to respond to your inquiries. He is the Vice President of GSSA. He and Steve Hardin were involved in this issue. I'm involved in a race for Congress to replace Congressman Charlie Norwood who passed away in February. There will be a special election on June 19th here in the 10th Congressional District. My total focus has been on the election. I'm eager to go to Washington to fight for returning to Constitutional government as James Madison meant for it to be. I started being active politically by lobbying in Washington for hunters' rights and Second Amendment rights as a VP for Safari Club International. I believe any law that interferes with a citizens God given right to own or use a firearm in a legal manner to be un-Constitutional. I'm eager to work ardently to remove those Federal gun control laws that are now on the books and fight against any new ones. Any help you and your organization can give me is greatly needed. Thank you.

Paul Broun
www.paulbroun.com

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
He'd get my vote if I were in his district.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Adam5 said:
Rammstein said:
He'd get my vote if I were in his district.
+1

I would vote for him if I could.
likewise. We need a new Political Party, the Constitutionalists. (tongue in cheek)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks like it's a pretty sure thing although Whitehead hasn't conceded yet.
from http://onlineathens.com/stories/071907/news_20070719039.shtml:
Paul Broun Jr.'s narrow upset win over Jim Whitehead looked safe Wednesday, though Whitehead will wait until early next week to decide whether to call it quits.

Broun, who holds a 373-vote lead over Whitehead, is almost certain to replace the late Charlie Norwood as 10th District congressman. But Whitehead won't concede or ask for a recount until all the votes are counted and the Georgia secretary of state certifies the election, Whitehead spokesman John Stone said.

"It's too close to call, and we're waiting until that time," Stone said.

Broun, though, declared victory Tuesday night.

"I'm going to be the district's congressman," the Athens doctor said.

County boards of election have until Tuesday to send results to the state, and Secretary of State Karen Handel has another week after that to certify the results, but she probably will get the results earlier and pronounce them official on Monday, spokeswoman Emily Evans said.

If the election is certified Monday, Whitehead would have until Wednesday to request a recount. Under state law, the losing candidate can ask for a recount within two days of certification if he's within 1 percent of the winner. Broun leads Whitehead 50.4 percent to 49.6 percent.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Is this confirmed?
He won the initial count, but there were still some overseas absentee ballots to be counted, but it doesn't appear there are enough ballots to overcome Broun's lead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts