Patriot Act

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by S&W 40, Feb 8, 2007.

1. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I just came across this (legallyarmed.com) during lunch and do not have enough time or knowledge to do good research. Has anyone heard of this Law Enforcement Officer Security Act, might be part of the Patriot Act re-signed in 2006.

This could affect many on this site that have been honorably discharged or retired.

I have not seen anything on this site about this and might just have to come off $8 to see what they say.

Just reading the info and audio they have on their site makes me think that it is too good to be true, but also raises many Q's.

How long is the process, are there any special stipulations, what type of license is it, who signs, how many local LEO would actually know about this????? And many more.. what agency issues, what states would this cover,,did I ask how long does it take :?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Probably the Florida license.

3. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Be carefull, sounds like a scam. From what I remember about the LEOSA was that it gave lmited Federal LEO powers to any FEDERAL OFFICER. My father was in the Bureau Of Prisons and he was enabled to carry anywhere in the United States under that act. It did not require any applications or fees. All he had to show was his Federal ID. And no he was not a Marshal or other agent, he was a Employee Services Manager.

From what he told me it expired when he retired, and he now has his own CCW.

Buyer beware!!!!

Also sounds like those ebay "auctions" where they say "This is not for xxxxxx, this is a booklet on how to obtain it". Any thing of this nature would be public records, and you would be able to find out for yourself, and not spend money for that info.

Seemas too much like a hard sell, with all the "protect your homeland" language. :-k
    And why only 27 states, thought it was a federal act?

4. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

The only state that I am aware of that exempts certain training requirements is SC. Even then you have to have been a Marksmanship Instructor (with documentation) within 3 years of applying for your CCW. I was about to apply using that method when I lived there, but ended up moving.

Something just doesn't line up on this one.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It's not a scam. They sell information on licensing processes nationwide. Florida does not "exempt" veterans, but it does accept your DD-214 form as proof of training.

This would not permit carry in Georgia as a Georgia resident, but it would permit carry in a lot of states.

6. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Bad choice of words on my part. The information might be legitimite, but the marketing ploy appears deceptive.

On my part, I took S&W 40's post as a whole and didn't separate the quote from his post.

7. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

All Thanks for the input, I have the same toughts and that is why I brought it up here. I am going to do as much looking as I can on the www and see what I find, will keep all posted. On the website they do not list a phone number that I could find, I do not want to do the online order ($5 plus $3 shipping) since they want a card #. If I can not call I might do the drop a question email to them. This does sound to good, Bush signed back in Mar 06 and they just posted. And they do have miss spelled words that even I noticed....

I have done some basic look at the Libray of Congress but I am a "nuts and bolts" type of guy and words start looking and sounding they same the more you look.