Patricks Range REAL deal and pricing

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by mathar1, Dec 21, 2010.

1. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

I don't want to jump on the ME thread so here is the real deal.

Lanes are $15...for as long as you can afford to shoot. If you need to run and return check with the range guy and he will validate you.

Second shooter for the same lane is $10 same deal as above

Targets are $1.50 and you have to buy ONE. You can then tape/stick/staple anything you want onto that target. We use heavy cardboard backers and to keep them clean and nice for other customers we make you buy one target so stuff isn't stuck all over the cardboard.

Eye and ear pro is a $1 apiece IF you need them. Over the ear is required becasue our system pulls at -10 atmospheres and ear plugs will either pull out of your ears or give you a SPLITTING headache..

Pistol rentals are $10 plus the cost of ammo. If you rent our insurance company requires you buy ammo so if something were to happen we cover it.

You can buy ammo from us OR bring your own as long as it is brass cased. No steel case, steel core/incindiary/heat seeking/left turning/nuclear tipped bullets with the shoulder thingie that goes up.

2. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

Hey Matt,

Do you guys still have the 24hr rate/pass, too?

The wife and I need to head over there so she can try out that Kahr CW9 your co-worker has. My wife wants to compare it against my 9mm PPS.

3. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

Yes we still have the 24 hour passes BUT what are YOU worried about? You know I always hook my boys up. :wink:

4. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

Definitely much better pricing scheme than the old one. I've always said Patrick's was the nicest range I've ever been on I just couldn't justify the costs, but this is very competitive.

Do you guys allow rifles (in pistol or rifle calibers)?

5. 175FO

175FO Member

We do allow pistol caliber rifles, such as .22 LR etc.... If it shoots under about 2100 FPS it should be fine, but sorry no .223, 7.62 etc... Our back-stop would be fine, but the baffles on the ceiling are not rates for those velocities.

6. smokin357

smokin357 New Member

Do you prevent shooters from retrieving their brass?

7. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

We don't care just let us know. BUT anything beyond the foul line is lost brass. If you try to retrieve anything beyond it will set off the alram and auto shut down the range.

8. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Link?

I didn't find it with Google.

Trying to figure out which range I want visit next week.

9. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

10. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Wow...looks amazing.

Savannah isn't close enough, will check out if I am in the area.

11. bae984

bae984 New Member

Any change on policy regarding shooting non-factory ammo (reloads)? The only time I've been there they weren't allowed....but that was awhile ago.

12. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Why no steel?

13. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

The website still says $15.00 per hour, that needs to be updated. You should also include the prices for 2nd shooters, eyes/ears and targets.

14. Hunley

Hunley Active Member

I wanted to brag on Patrick's a little bit. I have shot at other places, but always liked the atmosphere and staff at Patrick's. I went there today -from Statesboro - to shoot my FNP 45 USG and my Henry Frontier Model .22. I had to get out of the house and my gym was closed due to the weather...

I was promptly helped. After checking out my ammo (just glancing since I did bring it in a 50 cal ammo can) and selecting a target, I informed the staff member helping me that if he saw me fiddling with my .22 not to worry. I had to sight in the red dot I had just installed on it.

I was quite surprised when the person helping me (he's helped me before, but I can't remember his name... carries a high cap 1911) asked if I needed any tools. I had planned on using an old pocket knife I had brought along to adjust the windage and elevation, but he offered me a flathead screwdriver. That may not sound like much, but it made a huge difference. I came back out to get a couple of targets, and was also promptly helped.

The range was immaculate, as always. It was also COOL, something that is often hard to find in an indoor range for some reason. It helps cool the weapons quicker. I also sweat when I'm in pain, which is almost constantly when shooting since recoil eventually makes the titanium in my back start rattling.

Another thing I like is that they do a good job informing newbies of policies before letting them go willy-nilly on the line with a gun. I've seen some real idiots at Shooters of America in Brunswick do some stupid things for a while before the RO said anything (have a look at the ceiling in there if you ever go...).

The damage? $18.50 for the range and three targets. I had my own eyes and ears. Not bad for shooting 230 rounds of .45 ACP and about 250 rounds of .22 LR and Short, especially in that environment.

The other person on staff was also very helpful as I perused the 1911s and got some SD ammo since I was almost out of HP ammo.

Great place if you get a chance to go.

15. 175FO

175FO Member

The standard answer to that question is that steel can corrode. The real deal is that we sell our brass, if there is steel mixed in it is not worth as much. So sorry, no steel, I will generally let you shoot it if it is all the ammo you have provided you sweep it up and deposit it in the trash.

16. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

So, steel is allowed at Patricks, afterall. Thank you for not knee-jerking about some mythical issue with steel. :)

17. 175FO

175FO Member

No, I think you misread what I was saying, we do not want you to shoot steel, but I wouldn't want you to go shoot somewhere else because that is all you brought with you. So if it's your first time there and you brought steel I will tell you to sweep up your casings and put them in the trash, and next time bring brass. Officially our policy is no steel whatsoever, I just don't want to send people packing because of it.

18. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

I still do not understand. I sweep up the casings wherever I shoot at indoor ranges. How does steel not being reloadable impart a rule against shooting steel? In a five gallon bucket of different flavours of casings, there will at some point be a sort of sorts.

19. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

We do the sweeping/cleaning of brass for our customers convenience. I keep an IMMACULATE range which means no nasty buckets laying around. My brass recycler will allow a certain very small percentage of steel/aluminum and not reduce my rate BUT when people shoot a lot of that stuff and then sweep it in with the rest it literally drops my recycling cost by 60%. The more I can get from the brass/lead recycling the cheaper my rates are for the customers.

Like Joe said (175FO) we will allow it if we don't have any of that caliber for sale OR you sweep it up and put it in the trash NOT the recycle bin. HOWEVER not one bit of LAQUERED ammo is allowed on my range PERIOD!The laquer stinks the place up and clogs the HEPA filters with a quickness. Filters run from $30 for stage 1 to $380 for stage 4 and clogging them up gets expensive REAL quick because there are 4 different filter systems and 40 pieces total.

We want to work with you and be flexible as we can but some things can't be changed. We are not the Range Nazis' that used to work here. If something seems odd or weird, talk to us, ask questions and we WILL answer them honestly and tell you why things are done the way they are. :righton:

20. bae984

bae984 New Member

? Bump for this question while you're on, mathar.