Patrick Tilman's death in Iraq

Discussion in 'In the News' started by budder, Jul 27, 2007.

1. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

2. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

There is definitely more to the story of Tilman's death than the military wants to admit.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

This situation just keeps getting worse and worse. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth.

4. M249

M249 New Member

The Army brass :censored: up big time by covering up the true nature of Tillman's death, but...

I don't, for one second, believe that a Ranger would, in cold blood, shoot another Ranger... especially in a combat zone. I can't even imagine a normal, every-day infantryman doing that crap.

Soldiers screw up. I had my head up my fourth POC during a live-fire exercise and had a ND. If I had been shooting right-handed instead of lefty that day, one on my squad-mates could have been injured or killed.

In this scenario, and knowing Rangers, I'm much more inclined to believe in Murphy than murder.

ETA: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/09/25/MNGD7ETMNM1.DTL&type=printable

5. fallison

fallison New Member

From what I have seen, firedoglake has about as much credibility as dailykos, democratic underground, or the NY TI\imes. I will definitely take anything they say with a 2 ton grain of salt.

6. budder

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Do you know who Huffington is?

Same stuff, different outlet.

We might want to wait for a more reputable source.

8. budder

Actually, I'd never heard of the first site before I got linked and I was unaware of Huffington's history. Just posting that someone else picked it up.

9. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

left wing wacko? turned her husband homosexual?