Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Home invasion.

WOODSTOCK, Ga. - A Cherokee County pastor grabbed his gun and fought back to protect his wife and three children after deputies said a burglar broke into his home.
Investigators said that just after 3 a.m. Thursday a man entered a house located on Santa Fe Trail, just south of Georgia Highway 92 in Woodstock. Deputies said the pastor heard 19-year-old Donovan Simmons breaking his basement window to try to get into the home. That's when investigators said the pastor went to investigate, found Simmons, and fired in self-defense.
No information of if Simmons was armed.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
He made a head shot. The perp was in surgery last I heard.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Has anyone watched that new show damnation? This very thing happened on the first episode. Well the preacher killed the three guys and he is not really a preacher so not exactly the same thing, but this was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.cbs46.com/story/36858015/pastor-shoots-intruder-who-was-trying-to-enter-his-home

WOODSTOCK, GA (CBS46) - Investigators do not plan to file charges against a pastor who shot an intruder Thursday morning as the man was breaking into his house, authorities said.
No mention if he was armed or not.

The homeowner, identified by neighbors as the pastor of a Baptist church in Bartow County, told detectives he heard noises in home and realized someone was trying to make entry into his basement. He fired a gun in the general direction of the suspect, and a bullet struck the intruder in the head, Kelley said.
Fine example of point shooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts