Parting of Friends...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Match10, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Match10

Match10 Active Member

I was surprised to look out the front window last night to see my neighbor's 1930 Model A Ford be sold and loaded onto a transport. Robert was clearly upset that his baby was going. I too, am sad. It was really neat to go out for a ride with him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Born on" dates were the same....

2. samman23

samman23 New Member

that is sad. those are not cars that you let go of unless you absolutely have no choice.

3. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Thanks Match. That story makes me want to find a 70 240z. I love straight sixes backed up by manuals.

4. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

I hate this economy!!!!!!!!!

Stuff, earned with time, effort, money and some dreams are going down the tubes because some ppl in government. :evil:

5. Viking

Viking New Member

Wait . . . are you in Cobb? My brother-in-law has a Model A . . . is in Cobb . . and his name is Robert. :shock:

6. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Why did he have to sell it?

7. howie1932

howie1932 New Member

That's sad. Hopefully he didn't give it up for financial reasons.

When I was younger, my grandfather bought and restored a 1948 Stinson 108-3. As he grew older and I moved away (took my first solo flight in that plane) the plane was used less and less. Finally he decided to sell the plane. When the guy came to pick it up, it was a very sad day for my grandfather and myself. He wasn't giving it up because he had to, it just didn't make a lot of sense to keep it any longer.

8. Match10

Match10 Active Member

He did not tell me why. I presume many things because I keep an eye on the couple, and help where I can. He had some very serious heart surgery this spring, and (I presume) the bills are incredible. I do know he is taking care of business before he cannot. He gave me his chainsaw the other day, telling me I was the only one who used it... :?

He was darned near in tears. (I was... watching him.)

9. seereus

seereus Active Member

It is not just the ppl in government, it is also those that support and back them.

I do 100% agree.

10. blackbirdzach

blackbirdzach New Member

I hate to hear things like that. :(

11. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

I have actually had two Ford Model A's in my lifetime. A 1930 Tudor Sedan and a 1931 Tudor Sedan.

The 1930 Sedan I sold in 2005 to keep my daughter in the private school she was at. Things got better the next year, but it was long gone.

Was a blast. We went on trips with a car club and had fun in parades.

12. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Many years ago had to sell my 56 Panhead Harley to pay for med bill for my son. It was my baby built with lots of love and four years of time.
    After the sale I got in my truck drove around the corner and cried.
    I feel his pain.

13. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

I love the old z's. I had a '74 260z with triple mikuni carbs and headers. It was a lot of fun.

14. MyFred

MyFred Banned

Many years ago, I sold my 'Sportster" to pay for my babies medical bills. I also cried the first time I looked down into my little girl's brown eyes and I knew that my Harley days were over....:)

I do hate it for your friend though. He sounds like a righteous dude coming up to the end of the line.