Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... ryid=99510

Concerns About Added Park Crime

Reported By: Catherine Kim
Web Editor: Michael King
Last Modified: 7/3/2007 9:39:12 AM

A few weeks ago, a man watching a baseball game was attacked at a Gwinnett County park. Two men beat the victim and stole his car at Mountain Park in Stone Mountain.
Neighbors met with police on Monday night about the increase in crime in the park and the surrounding neighborhoods.

Crowds of families were nearby when the attack occurred, which has fueled concerns of safety for those there.

A crowd of nearly 90 people gathered on Monday evening for a community forum to get some answers to those concerns.

Gwinnett police called the community meeting to address the concerns after a man was attacked at Mountain Park by two men armed with a semi-automatic pistol.

"My own personal safety, the kids using the park -- everyone using the park," said resident Sharon Middlebrooks.

The robbery is raising concerns about the increasing amount of crime residents are seeing around public parks. Gwinnett police admit the are stretched thin with 12 park police officers to patrol 35 public parks in a rapidly changing county.

Which is why police said that members of the community are key to policing areas like Mountain Park, and proactively preventing crime.

Police said that it is just as easy as simply being aware of your surroundings.

The investigation is continuing into the assault at Mountain Park. Police said the suspects are still on the loose. The victim said he was able to identify the attackers by way of surveillance video from an armed robbery that happened last week at a Chevron station nearby.
Stone Mountain, eh?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
once again this wodnerful place comes up in discussion in the forums. I just re-read the posts about this in the off limits forum.

Its like Lake Lanier and such....... GA law gotta love it. (hopefully in the next year things change with PG)

·
Registered
397 Posts
foshizzle said:
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=99510

Concerns About Added Park Crime

Reported By: Catherine Kim
Web Editor: Michael King
Last Modified: 7/3/2007 9:39:12 AM

A few weeks ago, a man watching a baseball game was attacked at a Gwinnett County park. Two men beat the victim and stole his car at Mountain Park in Stone Mountain.
Neighbors met with police on Monday night about the increase in crime in the park and the surrounding neighborhoods.

Crowds of families were nearby when the attack occurred, which has fueled concerns of safety for those there.

A crowd of nearly 90 people gathered on Monday evening for a community forum to get some answers to those concerns.

Gwinnett police called the community meeting to address the concerns after a man was attacked at Mountain Park by two men armed with a semi-automatic pistol.

"My own personal safety, the kids using the park -- everyone using the park," said resident Sharon Middlebrooks.

The robbery is raising concerns about the increasing amount of crime residents are seeing around public parks. Gwinnett police admit the are stretched thin with 12 park police officers to patrol 35 public parks in a rapidly changing county.

Which is why police said that members of the community are key to policing areas like Mountain Park, and proactively preventing crime.

Police said that it is just as easy as simply being aware of your surroundings.

The investigation is continuing into the assault at Mountain Park. Police said the suspects are still on the loose. The victim said he was able to identify the attackers by way of surveillance video from an armed robbery that happened last week at a Chevron station nearby.
So let me see if I understand this, There was a crowd nearby and if we are aware of our surroundings we will be safe? :puke:

Stone Mountain, eh?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
From my records, Gwinnett county and the city of stone mountain parks are ok to carry.

Stone mountain state park is not though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts