Parkland, FL School shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by phantoms, Feb 14, 2018.

1. johnski

johnski Active Member

Time to ban all guns and confiscate them! lol

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Suspect in Custody now.

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Interesting - the school supposedly has two armed law enforcement officers on site at the school. Supposedly the student gunman escaped the school with other students and had to be apprehended off campus. He's alive, so maybe we'll hear about the motive.

4. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Apparently the school is very large and set up like a campus with multiple buildings/areas and a student population in excess of 3000.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Georgia does not allow general campus carry for K-12 schools. Even on-person carry while picking up and dropping off is up for debate.

So looks like the same thing can happen here.

Because "gun-free zones" work... for the killers.

7. Phil1979

Do our children deserve our protection or not?

No, because licensed carriers of concealed pistols cannot be trusted by Republicans who "support the Second Amendment".

8. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Most high schools were designed and built well before Sandy Hook. They have multiple entrances and exits all over the building. Many were designed to use the exterior walkways to get from wing to wing or building to building. Since then schools have gone to locking all exterior doors except for one right at the office. You can still exit due to fire codes, but you can't prop the door open and you can't get back in. Some schools have had alarms wired so they can tell when an exterior door opens, but that is fairly rare. Makes getting from class to class nearly impossible, according to my kids. Even so, it is impossible to secure a building or campus using this design without a platoon of guards.

Phil1979 likes this.
  9. Phil1979

How vocal will Georgia Carry be now in publicly asking the Georgia General Assembly to end the victim-rich zones?

First Kentucky, then Florida. Are we next?

Let us be our own first responders! Enough is enough!

Schweisshund likes this.
  10. Phil1979

I'll even pay for a training class for a license endorsement to carry at my son's middle school.

I'm willing to help give political cover to timid politicians to help stop the innocent bloodshed.

11. Phil1979

17 confirmed dead.

12. Phil1979

Let liberty rise up! Let the bonds of political correctness be broken!

Where are the real men and women among our lawmakers that will restore to We The People our right of self-preservation?!

13. Malum Prohibitum

The Sun-Sentinal is reporting he used an AR15.

14. Malum Prohibitum

"Want to know what's scary .... Facebook and Instagram deleting the accounts of Nikolas Cruz the alleged shooter at the school in parkland ..... had two accounts one with guns and middle fingers and killing animals always with his face covered and another had isis propaganda ......... they were legit accounts I checked and grabbed a screenshot and now they are gone." Grabbed from FB.

15. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

WEll, I suppose a legit reason to do that is deny this subhuman turd any platform to draw attention to his cause. If his crime were a sort of terrorism, to send a message about politics or religion.

But on the other hand we citizens need to know his motivation to try to figure out how people like this can be ID’d and stopped before they go nuts.

16. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I wonder if the media will call Mr. Jesus de Cruz a “white” like they did the Hispanic man who shot Trayvon Martin.