Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
martin_j001 said:
I will add that I recently entered my building to be greeted by metal detectors (a random thing they do occasionally), so I put my pocketknife (a 3" CRKT M-16) along with the rest of my belongings and a security guard measured it and said "it'd under 3" its ok" and handed it back to me to continue on my way. Almost seemed they were deferring to state/local laws on the blade length....
Your a "worker" and you knife is a "tool" If it is needed to do your job their "rule" means nothing. My tool bag is loaded with potential "weapons", all quite deadly. If your an IT guy or a lab tech, this might not not apply. It all depends on what you do.
I argued this before a Atl city judge and won my case in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^^I'm in full agreement. Not sure the contracted security is who I'd want to have that argument with though--arguing with a brick wall might actually get me further. ;)

I have yet to be able to find an employee handbook. Not surprisingly, the intrAnet at work is, well, a gov't run website--so its damn near impossible to find anything easily.

·
0 Posts
Atlanta city laws restrict knife carry to under 3". Check municode.com for your local laws.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
WoodandSteel said:
Atlanta city laws restrict knife carry to under 3". Check municode.com for your local laws.
Its preempted if you have a GWL and the blade of the knife is over 5 inches though.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts