Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,822 Posts
A former New Mexico State Parks ranger has pleaded guilty to a charge of voluntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a man in a dispute over a campsite fee at Elephant Butte State Park.

Clyde Woods, who originally was charged with second-degree murder, remained free on bond after entering his plea Wednesday in state district court.
Would one of us be free on bond if facing these charges?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Its a shame that if the ranger would have missed and the camper was armed and shot back he would go to jail for murder.....now this only saying if the ranger had no reason to shoot at him....

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
luke0927 said:
Its a shame that if the ranger would have missed and the camper was armed and shot back he would go to jail for murder.....now this only saying if the ranger had no reason to shoot at him....
Luke, Luke, Luke,

Silly boy. You must be having a bit of a joke with us.

As we all know, it's illegal to have guns in parks so the camper couldn't have had one...

There are laws against that!

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
This was a New Mexico State park ranger, not national park by the way...

Though I am confused... Why did the ranger think he was going for a gun? It is illegal to have a gun in a NM state park (just like GA).

Why does a park ranger need a gun anyway? It is illegal for citizens to have them there and national parks said guns are not good for defending against animals. So why does a park ranger need a gun?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Why does a park ranger need a gun anyway? It is illegal for citizens to have them there and national parks said guns are not good for defending against animals. So why does a park ranger need a gun?
You might be asking a rhetorical question but just in case you are not, in most places park rangers are considered LEOs and they handle law enforcement duties for the park.

I think that citizens should be able to carry there too though.
I was. If there is enough reason for a park ranger to carry, then there is enough for citizens as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts