Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Drudge Report said:
SHARPTON BLASTS JUSTICE SYSTEM
Thu Jun 07 2007 11:45:47 ET

Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network, and one of the country's foremost leaders for civil rights, is blasting the justice system for what appears to be favoritism in the early release of Paris Hilton.

"Though I have nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton whom I have met and appeared with on Saturday Night Live the night I hosted in 2003, this early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color. There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.

I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me. This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise

Developing...
....I actually agree with Mr. Sharpton on this one. As much as it pains me to say it....he's right.
 

·
Romans 10:13
Joined
·
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rammstein said:
Drudge Report said:
SHARPTON BLASTS JUSTICE SYSTEM
Thu Jun 07 2007 11:45:47 ET

Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network, and one of the country's foremost leaders for civil rights, is blasting the justice system for what appears to be favoritism in the early release of Paris Hilton.

"Though I have nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton whom I have met and appeared with on Saturday Night Live the night I hosted in 2003, this early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color. There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.

I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me. This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise

Developing...
....I actually agree with Mr. Sharpton on this one. As much as it pains me to say it....he's right.
I have NO empathy for her whatsoever! Shame on you Rev Al. [-X
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,515 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Rammstein said:
Drudge Report said:
SHARPTON BLASTS JUSTICE SYSTEM
Thu Jun 07 2007 11:45:47 ET

Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network, and one of the country's foremost leaders for civil rights, is blasting the justice system for what appears to be favoritism in the early release of Paris Hilton.

"Though I have nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton whom I have met and appeared with on Saturday Night Live the night I hosted in 2003, this early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color. There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.

I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me. This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise

Developing...
....I actually agree with Mr. Sharpton on this one. As much as it pains me to say it....he's right.
I have NO empathy for her whatsoever! Shame on you Rev Al. [-X
I have no empathy for her, either. And, although Rev. Al and I are a good definition of 'polar opposites', I also asgree with him 100%.

This whole thing makes me want to :puke: too!!!!
 

·
Romans 10:13
Joined
·
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So let me get this straight. Miss no talent was released after 2 days because she:

cried both nights
she did not like the food
she contracted a rash
she almost had a nervous breakdown
she couldn't take it anymore

So the bleeding heart liberal sheriff lets her out in the middle of the night after her personal psycharist is called and he recommends that she be released. The judge needs to throw the sheriff in the cell with her. I understand the DA has requested a hearing this morning at 9:00am with the judge to ask that she be returned to jail.

This was a set-up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Judge just ordered her back to jail to serve her full term. She was taken out of the court room as she screamed for her mother.

The judge is thinking about holding the Sheriff in contempt of court because he specifically said she cannot be released to house arrest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,515 Posts
Rammstein said:
Judge just ordered her back to jail to serve her full term. She was taken out of the court room as she screamed for her mother.

The judge is thinking about holding the Sheriff in contempt of court because he specifically said she cannot be released to house arrest.
Maybe they'll throw both of them into the general population. :twisted:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,964 Posts
Rammstein said:
The judge is thinking about holding the Sheriff in contempt of court because he specifically said she cannot be released to house arrest.
When pigs fly . . . :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
from the bottom of the Foxnews article:

Back before Sauer on Friday, Hilton's entire body trembled as the final pitch was made for her further incarceration. She clutched a ball of tissue and tears ran down her face.

Seconds later, the judge announced his decision: "The defendant is remanded to county jail to serve the remainder of her 45-day sentence. This order is forthwith."

Hilton screamed.

Eight deputies immediately ordered all spectators out of the courtroom. Hilton's mother, Kathy, threw her arms around her husband, Rick, and sobbed uncontrollably.

Deputies escorted Hilton out of the room, holding each of her arms as she looked back.
Un-freaking-believable...they act like their poor spoiled little brat just got a life frigging sentence!! How about teaching her responsibility instead of superiority and entitlement. :puke: :puke: :puke: :shakehead: :puke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
"The defendant is remanded to county jail to serve the remainder of her 45-day sentence. This order is forthwith."


I love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
I can imagine that the sheriff and the jail staff are walking on egg shells as they don't want to be on the hook should she kill herself or something should happen to her. I expect that had as much to do with the sheriff letting her go as did some of the other alleged reasons, which are also plausible and somewhat likely too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
legacy38 said:
I can imagine that the sheriff and the jail staff are walking on egg shells as they don't want to be on the hook should she kill herself or something should happen to her.
But the world would be such a better place. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Rammstein said:
legacy38 said:
I can imagine that the sheriff and the jail staff are walking on egg shells as they don't want to be on the hook should she kill herself or something should happen to her.
But the world would be such a better place. 8)
Obviously we are all interested or this thread wouldn't be here with our replies. :wink:

Maybe locking her in a legitimate psych ward would be more effective...
 

·
Token Liberal Hippie
Joined
·
13,680 Posts
I want that judge's contact info so I can send him a nice card.

He did the right thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Funny thing, as I was getting dressed for work this morning a story about this whole thing was on the news, and the news folks mentioned her sister being at the court house. I had never seen any mention of siblings. Is her sister actually sane?
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top