Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link to Article

"You wouldn't know I'm carrying," said 46-year-old Longmont resident Rod Brandenburg, who occasionally packs a fully loaded .45-caliber Heckler & Koch pistol.
Susan Kitchen, a Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent in charge of the concealed-handgun background-check program, said she has seen interest in carrying concealed weapons spike in recent years.

"Based on the number of background checks we're performing, I would say they've gone up significantly," Kitchen said.
But they are still less than 28,000 total!

Boulder County Sheriff Joe Pelle was instrumental in passing the 2003 legislation in his role as a member of the board of directors for the CBI Colorado Crime Information Center, just prior to being elected sheriff.

"We took a number of agency policies and sort of melded them together and started to negotiate (with the pro-gun lobby)," Pelle said. "It actually mirrors the old (Boulder) County policy in a lot of ways."
The people who receive permits and decide to use them, [Sheriff] Pelle said, are usually not a concern to officers.
The criminals are also aware of increased concealed-carry permits
The article even includes a list of Colorado's places off limits!

Then it quotes some anti-gun people.

There is a long discussion about one University adopting an anti-gun policy for students and offering to store their weapons (24 hour access!) while they are in resident dormitory halls.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All this week beginning Monday, college students from more than 110 campuses, including CU, plan to show up to classes wearing empty handgun holsters in protest of state laws and campus rules prohibiting the carrying of a concealed handgun on school grounds.

"Individuals who are licensed by their state to carry concealed handguns in places like movie theaters, office buildings, shopping malls and pretty much everywhere else should be afforded that same privilege on college campuses," said Scott Lewis, spokesman for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, the national nonprofit group organizing the protest. "The practical point of the protest is to start a dialogue with people who may not be aware that concealed-carry laws exist, or that the laws are different on campus than they are elsewhere."
How is that one going here in Georgia on day #1?

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:roll:

Posted by mike on October 21, 2007 at 8:06 a.m. (Suggest removal)

We’re not in the old west any more. The right to bear arms is an antiquated notion. The NRA they can kiss my butt, just don't shoot me.

Posted by evanesce on October 21, 2007 at 8:22 a.m. (Suggest removal)

This is a very dangerous trend, especially in a city like Boulder. There is a skewed sense of concern in people who think that they need to bare arms in an area like this.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

This is a very dangerous trend, especially in a city like Boulder. There is a skewed sense of concern in people who think that they need to bare arms in an area like this.
So, this person fears my wearing short-sleeve shirts? I'm actually pretty easy on the eyes.

:)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
M249 said:

So, this person fears my wearing short-sleeve shirts? I'm actually pretty easy on the eyes.

Short sleeves, I was thinking tank tops..

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
S&W 40 said:
M249 said:

Assault Shirts.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
ThetaReactor said:
S&W 40 said:
M249 said:

Assault Shirts.
:lol:

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was kind of shocked to see how few licenses they have issued in Colorado, a state with almost no places off limits to carry. Like the majority of states, open carry without a license is legal, but with the cold . . .

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I was kind of shocked to see how few licenses they have issued in Colorado, a state with almost no places off limits to carry. Like the majority of states, open carry without a license is legal, but with the cold . . .
It's because they've grown complacent...

·
Registered
684 Posts
M249 said:

maybe she thinks its really cold and she is worried for the shirt sleeve-challenged in her area

1 - 12 of 12 Posts