PA: New Gun Control Passes Senate

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I dont know much about PA gun law, but the following is interesting.

One part of the bill would compel police departments to trace all illegal firearms confiscated from those under the age of 21 and report the guns to a state-police-run registry. The other would expand the definition of firearm under state law to include long-guns such as rifles and shotguns, providing more uniform application of state law.

How does including long-guns as firearms affect the law in PA?

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

What would this accomplish :?: :-k

4. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I can see the benefit to this law. Confiscated guns would be traced and could lead back to that small percentage of gun dealers who are arming the criminal population. I'll buy into that.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

But the NRA still has gun owners best interests at heart and is not slipping down a slope of endorsing more gun control.....right guys?....right?

Wrong.

6. fallison

fallison New Member

The NRA is the same as the NAACP on this. They both favor REASONABLE gun control. They only differ in what they consider reasonable. By accepting ANY gun control at all, arguments based on natural rights and the second ammendment lose all logic.

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Exactly why I have not, nor will I ever join.

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

+1 on that wsweeks......... I was just about to join last year and wham look what happened. IF they ever redeem themselves perhaps I may listen. But I am not holding my breath............yet

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I am a member. See my sig?

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

When they stop being complicit in more gun control, I may give them a second chance.

11. Wiley

Wiley New Member

That scares the snot out of me. Good law in Georgia not passed because of the NRA, bad law passed in PA and Federaly because of the NRA.

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

...you guys know what I am gonna say...