PA Carry License

Discussion in 'In the News' started by MINDCRIME518, Jan 20, 2011.

1. MINDCRIME518

MINDCRIME518 New Member

Send paperwork 3 weeks ago and received my PA carry license yesterday! Great job Centre County!

2. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

Congrats!

They have slowed down though. Last year, I sent mine in Christmas Eve, and got it January 3rd.

There must be a huge increase in apps sent in trying to beat the new law there.

3. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

anyone considering getting a PA license it encouraged to do so...very soon you will have to appear in person to get a LTCF

4. RickN

RickN New Member

Mine took a little over a week in December. I was very impressed.

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

My current PA LTCF expired February 28, 2011. I put my renewal in the mailbox on February 21, 2011. About two (2) days ago I called the Centre County Sheriff's Office and the person that answered the phone said that they are getting a lot of out-of-state applications from people wanting to get in before the cutoff. She said that they are still taking new "old style" mail-in applications (again, as of a couple days ago) but that it doesn't look like they will for much longer. She said that they have something like 1,000 waiting to be processed because of the change so it might take them a little longer to process them than they normally do. It might take like a month. It doesn't look like the former estimated cutoff date of May 01, 2011 is accurate. It seems like it is going to be much sooner than that. If you want a PA LTCF without having to physically appear in PA you need to get your application in a.s.a.p., without delay.

As of now they have not cashed my check yet, nor have I gotten my LTCF yet.

6. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

They still haven't cashed my check.

7. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

they took about a month with mine....

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

They still haven't cashed my check, contacted me, or mailed me anything. Should I be worried yet?

9. tech2576

tech2576 New Member

I wouldn't worry just yet.
    Mine was mailed 2/10 - check cleared 2/23 - came in the mail @ 4 days later. :righton:

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The license came in the mail on the 14th (I got the mail after I made the quoted post). I've got to mail back the copies. Even though I provided a photo it was not included on the LTCF (5 years ago they did attach the photo to the license).

They still have not cashed my check. :?

11. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

They cashed my check today!

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Question:

The LTCF is for 5 years. What happens if you lose your "old style" LTCF and need a replacement? After the changeover will you still be able to get a replacement if you need one?

13. tech2576

tech2576 New Member

Q: I've lost my License. I've had my License
    stolen. My License was accidentally
    destroyed. What must I do to get a
    replacement?
    You must contact the Snyder County Sheriff's A:
    Office immediately. You will be required to
    report to our Office and fill out a form explaining
    what happened to your License. We will then
    revoke your old License and issue you a new
    one. The expiration date of the new License
    will be the same as the old License.

This and more here ---->http://www.snydercounty.org/Depts/Sheriff/Documents/infolicenses.pdf

14. Signal 69

Signal 69 Member

Do any of you know if you have it now and renew would it have to be in person?

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Now is the last window of time that you can get one without appearing in person in PA. Its good for 5 years so after it expires, you won't be able to renew unless you go to PA in person.

16. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

Just filled out the form, will be mailing tomorrow morning.

17. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

YMMV, but this is what I did, after consulting PAFOA website: I sent back the required copy to Centre Co. SO, made a reduced copy of the license (no pic), and laminated it. This seemed to be the accepted, legal, and prevailing way PA residents handled their own LTCF.

So, If I need a replacement, I print out another scanned version of the original sent to me.

Once I need to renew, absent any changes in the law, I will be finding a non-res LTCF friendly SO to visit in person, and process a renewal. I would have occasion to visit PA once or twice a year every so often anyway.

18. mrtopher1980

mrtopher1980 New Member

I mailed mine roughly February 21st (wrote the check 18th but had no stamps)

Date of issue 3/10/11

Received it 3/14/11

Check posted 3/16/11

My brother lives in PA same county as a friend of mine just north of philly who has a LTCF and said he has had no issues with the in person process but that is of course as a resident. He needs to renew in may so I'll see what he says if the process seems any different/harder.

I have two people to visit when mine expires to go get it renewed in person, so this won't be that big of a deal for me.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Does PA gain you anything that UT would not?

20. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

doesnt look like it...but PA is super cheap!