OWB Holster recommendations

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Myright, May 28, 2017.

1. Myright

Myright Freedom Loving Citizen

I've had a few different OWB holsters in the past and prefer to use the paddle option.

My current setup is a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster for my 1911 and a custom made kydex holster mounted to a Blackhawk Serpa paddle for my Tokarev.

I recently purchased a Ruger American Compact and plan on making it my daily carry. Blackhawk doesn't make an OWB for it yet, so I was looking at what other options are available.

So far, I am leaning towards AlienGear's Cloak Mod OWB Holster. http://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-american-compact-paddle-holster.html
    Anyone else have a recommendation?

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I like AlienGear. I have one for IWB when I need to conceal. It works well, fits well and is more comfortable than any others I have tried. Other stuff for deep dark cover.

I have changed weapons a time or 2. They will trade the outside kydex shell no charge, as many times as you want, no problem.

I have not used an OWB from them but based on their quality and customer service with me, I have to think it will be done right also.

However, all OWB I do is with a basic leather pancake. ( holsterama.com and some on amazon ) But I must admit I do have a plastic Blackhawk holster for my smaller 1911. Blackhawk also has leather pancakes.

See link below for the plastic one I use. Its not really a good concealment holster. Similar to your findings there but blackhawk might have something in the pancake dept there you find useful.

Nemo

http://www.blackhawk.com/products/h...nt/injection-molded/standard-cqc-holster.aspx

Last edited: May 29, 2017

3. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Their video on it is funny to me...

Why do I always see (even from manufacturers) pictures and videos of people wearing paddle holsters incorrectly? The paddle is supposed to go over your belt and INSIDE your pants, pinching your pants between the holster body and your belt and pants, NOT over your belt alone...

Having said that, I love Aliengear holsters (I have 3) but I confess to never having tried this style.

I would also recommend checking out Cooks Holsters https://www.cooksholsters.com/

Or check out the thread on zookeper holsters.

4. Archangel

Just curious...

Your IP shows you are in Van Buren, Arkansas, and you are talking about Clinger Holsters, which coincidentally is in Van Buren, Arkansas...

What are the odds that maybe you work for or are associated with Clinger Holsters?

Inquiring minds are curious to know...

:confused:

5. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

[​IMG]

6. dlapin4

dlapin4 Member

Have a look at the paddle holster from Cook's Holsters as a possible option (https://www.cooksholsters.com/owb-outside-waistband-holsters/). I just purchased my second one from them, this one for my S&W 45 acp Shield. I love how close to my body they hold my weapon, I find them excellent for concealed carry, very low profile and very comfortable. They are located here in GA.

7. Archangel

I have 8 Cooks holsters. Great quality, good gear.

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Well, Neal Scroggins,
    [​IMG]

9. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Isn't a clinger that last little bit of $#!+ that just hangs on no matter how much paper you throw at it?

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I think you're conflating "clinger" with "chad."

11. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Or Klingons...

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:rotfl: Good job!