outside my work.

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by reb1981, Feb 27, 2017.

1. reb1981

reb1981 Member

So today while on my break outside my work. I was my break outside my job. When the building manager and rent-a-cop unarmed security kid came up to me. They told me that a concerned co-worker came up to him and said I had a knife. I said sure so I pulled my whole sheath out and showed them my TDI Law Enforcement Serrated Edge Knife which has a whole 2 5/16" blade on it (omg.) Of course, the say that weapons are not allowed here then asked me to put in my car. I was looked at them and told them I am the last person you should be concerned about. God forbid some crazy ass comes through our front door. What they don't know is I keep a pistol in my backpack, lol.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Thank God I'm self-employed. I routinely have a Fiddleback Forge, WA Surls, Osprey or other fixed blade knife on me that's at least 4", a 1911, a couple of extra mags...

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Only one blade? I routinely have a folding pocket knife with assist opening and blade lock in a pocket, a gerber multi-tool with knife blade in a holster on my belt, a credit card blade and second blade sided credit card type multi-tool in my wallet along with a 2 7/8 inch Schrade neck knife on a chain where it belongs too.

Few have said I was real sharp, but I always got real sharp stuff at hand.

Nemo

4. reb1981

reb1981 Member

HAHA, Well I have a pocket knife too. I thought about getting one of them credit card type blades. I just thought it was petty. Cause a co-worker was concerned. lol

5. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

If I knew where it occurred; public or private, I'd probably be able to comment. But with minimal information there's not much to say.

6. Feral

Feral Active Member

I've heard stories like this before. It baffles me that a pocket knife, a TOOL, is so feared by some.

7. reb1981

reb1981 Member

Private parking lot of a corporation.

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Sheep will be sheep. Sounds like you encountered a rabid one that was not only afraid of anything that goes bang, but anything pointy or sharp as well. To them, anything like that is bad, so you must be a bad person for carrying it.

They probably felt real good within themselves that they reported you to the rent-a-cop unarmed kid. See something, say something, you know.

In their mind, they probably stopped a mass stabbing by a mad man with a 2 1/2 inch blade. :shakehead:

Bless their little pea pickin' heart. :lol:

9. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

That knife is not a weapon. It's a single blade nail clipper.

10. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine is a retired Marine, works for a company now. He carries the longest folding knife I've ever seen, but I can't imagine he would ever use it in a self defense situation. He is hand-to-hand lethal and not many of his co-workers have any idea of his ability.

Funny how someone gets excited about a small knife when it is most often not even a go-to item in a weapon needed situation.

11. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

My work requires me to carry a pocket knife at all times while on site.

12. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

If I was working for a Corporation in GA., I would do my best not to let anyone know I carry a weapon/weapons on company property. YMMV

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Does your company and/or the building (not sure if they are one and the same here) have a written policy on weapons which you had to agree to by signing off on?

14. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

This... x10...

15. reb1981

reb1981 Member

Exactly! It's the last line of defense type weapon. Most of the time I use it as a tool.
    @moe mensale: Yes, No weapons allowed in the building, but at time I was in parking lot.

This is the knife:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  16. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

It says law enforcement. That makes you a cop wannabee and it a weapon. We know cops do not have tools. Their jobs require them to carry defense weapons. So you a crazy guy because you a wannabee and not a cop so something must be wrong with you because you work there and not the cop station.

And its black and ugly and bent. Not like knives you used as tool way back in granddads day. Its scary and ugly. It must be outlawed. Or at least prohibited on company property. You could go wild and kill 42 people in one swing.

Thats the rationale of management.

Nemo

17. reb1981

reb1981 Member

What's funny is everyone here knows I use to be in Law Enforcement, too. Well, at least the people I worked with the last 7 years. Makes me wanna go back and do it. So I don't have to hear about these whiners, but yeah I agree that is their mentality as is with so many companies.

18. afibstew

afibstew New Member

One of those evil black knives!!!

19. Wheedle

Wheedle Member

Thats racist!