Ott Gun Works - Thumbs Up!

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Archangel, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

I won an auction at this year's GCO convention for a Duracoat refinish (Mmmm, Tactical Gray) from Ott's Gun Works which I intended using on my cherished Browning Hi-Power. Much to my chagrin, my wife (who calls it "Her" Browning) informed me in no uncertain terms that I was NOT to have that gun refinished, she likes it as it is. Refinishing it would ruin its "personality" .... :screwy:

So now here I sat with this certificate and no gun to have refinished! What to do? What to do?

So I drove out to see Brian, and 'splained my situation. He very graciously agreed to do some work on my Springfield V10 Ultra-Compact which had been having some serious reliability issues, going through many recoil springs and frustrating me greatly. And he took the certificate for it as well.

He installed a Wilson full length guide rod, new spring, and cleaned it up, also fixing an issue that would have allowed the gun to fire out of battery (NOT GOOD).

I finally got to take it shooting this weekend where I hammered the heck out it. I am pleased to announce it is back to its old self. Reliable and accurate!!

Thanks so much Brian, I'll have more work coming your way no doubt!!

I waited to post cause I also just got in a set of Diamondwood grips from RAASCO. I think they look SEXY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ain't she cute?

2. 1clearshot

1clearshot Member

A co-worker of mine has an identical gun, which is his EDC....I thought you were going to have that Browning coated in digi-cam. :)

3. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

I think Brian can do pink digi-cam but I'm not sure.

[​IMG]

4. Archangel

Ok that picture made me :puke:

If I add another 1911 to my stable (really want a nice 4" at some point when I have real $$) I'll buy from RAASCO again. Grips are reasonably priced, REALLY sharp looking, and service was great too! http://raascogrips.com/

Take a look at their website. Really nice stuff, and priced right! Alan from there emailed me with a concern about whether the grips would fit my V-10. We exchanged a couple of emails in the same night. Very stand up guy, great customer service!

Now.... a nice 4" I can have Brian tune up with some good custom parts! I gotta sell some computer stuff....

5. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

Those are really nice grips.

6. Archangel

Thanks. I like em a lot.

Thanks again to Brian for getting this one back to running condition. I missed carrying it.

7. Docindahouze

Docindahouze Member

nice gun, i just picked up my springfield champion ss yesterday from Brian yesterday. check it out

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51440

8. Archangel

I saw that. Looks sweet, I sooooo want a Champion!