ORI numbers for Georgia

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by SheriffOconee, Dec 19, 2006.

1. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

This topic was sort of hijacked off of another thread, so with the mods permission I thought I would start it as it's own topic. I am still working on getting a list of Georgia ORI numbers for each county. I should have it by tomorrow. The list will be of EACH SHERIFF"S OFFICE, as listing each and every court, city police department, state agency, etc would be out of control. Hang on, I havn't forgotten. ORI numbers are assigned to an agency and are not specific to a single set of prints or person.
    EDITED TO ADD: I should have known better to look for it myself. My secretary has the list on her desk, I should have asked her in the first place. Anyway, I emailed the list to MP and he can post it where he sees fit. It might help track down some fingerprint cards.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

A new post is fine.

Also a list just the sheriff's offices is fine since there are what 159 of them (one for each county?).

A list of everything for the average county would be what, 1 sheriff, 1 state patrol, 2-3 cities, 3 courts (superior, magistrate, probate)... a minimum of 1113 numbers.

3. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I just sent it to MP since I had his email address handy. I trust that will work. It isn't a great copy but it is legible.
    The State Govt has 122 ORI numbers itself. 159 Sheriff's. 500 or so City PD's. Probation, courts, you are right, there are well over 1000 in Georgia

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

MP will be away from his computer for probably the rest of the week so I sent you an email so you could send the list directly to me and I will post it.

5. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

6. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

How to "say" ORI numbers:
    If you have to communicate with the GBI or someone over the phone concerning a fingerprint card and you are asked for the agency ORI number, the correct way to say it for Oconee County would be:
    G-A-One-Zero- Eight-Zero-Zero-Zero-Zero