O'Reilley

Discussion in 'In the News' started by foshizzle, Apr 17, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

He's going to talk about gun control. Let's see his true colors. On now.

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Talking points. 2 minutes into his show.

Sensible gun laws.

Cops should know who has guns.

Firepower should be "limited"

But don't stomp on the 2nd amendment.

Trash. I'm only going to watch this so I know my new enemy.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Bill is a dumb ass.

I am going to upload a file I have where he talks about the Second Amendment.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

let us know when you find that video... i'm looking on youtube now.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It's not video. It is an audio snippet from his radio show.

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Bill is an idiot but he chose a good guest.

Mark Smith... gun law professor at XXXX... I'll find out.

Explained gun laws "pretty well". He did let Bill talk him into saying that you could go from New York to VA with a phony ID, get a NICS check run on you and walk out the door with your Glock from any gunstore. GRRR!!!

The rest of the conversation with Mr. Smith sounded good. O'Reilly agreed on everything. Criminals will always have guns. The government can't protect you. Gun laws are vague and confusing. Law-abiding citizens need guns.

Final point the man made was that it's very possible many of these college kids died with their legally obtained pistols in their cars while this lunatic went on his rampage...and many may have died because of it. Mr. Smith said we should have CCW in schools by the law-abiding. No comment from O'Reilly but he didn't give his usual sneer.

So far so good. He may yet see the light. First guess was intelligent and used logic.

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

:-k

Good show. Not perfect. Looks like actually picked a side... ours. He tried to straddle the issue and ride the center but I don't think that's really possible with gun rights. Leaned heavily our direction... in my opinion. Again, far from perfect, but the fundamentals were surprisingly 'there' for O'Reilley.

Everyone should check it out when it's rebroadcast at 11 or 12. Gun-control lasted into about the ~40 min mark.

I'm not kissing his :censored: or anything... but I'll take what I can get at this point!

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

He's not simply an idiot, he's a total A-hole!

Doesn't matter what you find or upload or whatever, I'll not watch or listen to it. He's just another of "them", which rhymes with "vermin"...

And, that's better than any of them deserve!

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Damnit...youtube won't host my audio file.

10. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

People can change you know. Personally, I think that felons shouldn't lose the right to own a firearm FOREVER... but they do, for the most part. I'll take every ally I can get. This isnt' the time to bash someone for comments they made years ago.

Let's not alienate people the moment they see the light. Be it honest or not. We need every voice we can get on our side at this point. Let's not put the fear of God into anyone who thinks they can change their mind and opinions in our favor.

My.02

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

foshizzle, there is a difference between genuinely seeing the light and changing one's philosophy and posturing because you are presidential hopeful and need the gun nut vote.

McCain is the latter.

12. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

This thread is about O'Reilly.

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Damnit.

My mistake. I am reading too many threads now. They all blend together.

14. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

It's OK. Same thing happens to me.

McCain, O'Reilly. Even Rosie freaking O'Donnell. People can change. Sure, they can't grab a 7mm mag and jump on the NRA bandwagon but I won't tear them apart when they agree with me for a change. I won't vote for them or watch their TV shows, but I can agree. That's the good thing about our side...facts over emotion. I don't have to like it, but I won't tear someone apart because their voting record isn't impeccable.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

How big is the file? You could put it on the GSU webspace.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

17. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

O'Reilly is a putz. I do watch his show but all he ever does is talk OVER people in such a condesending way that it gets extremely annoying. Shawn Hannity does the same thing at least on his radio show but I do like Hannity's viewpoints on many things. However, no matter how stupid our current administration gets....he will not criticize Bush.