Oregon CHL Holder Arrested....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GAGunOwner, Jun 15, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

...in Springfield or Eugene, Oregon. This is from a subguns.com thread.

http://www.subguns.com/boards/sword.cgi?read=870029

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Ridiculous. The only possible charge that I can see coming from something like that would stem from not leaving the property when told to do so.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

This may be the key. I know that this happened in OR, but here this can get you a criminal tresspass citation.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Did you put this on opencarry.org.

And, yeah, if criminal trespass is the charge, and he refused to leave, then he broke the law. THIS ASSUMES the person who told him to leave was authorized to do so and that he had a reasonable opportunity to comply.

5. Malum Prohibitum

OK, after reading the story, I volunteer my opinion that "girl at the counter," without more, does not appear to be somebody who can order you to leave.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Added my input to the subguns site, questioning her authority to remove him.

Nobody has addressed Oregon law on this subject.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You're probably right.

8. Malum Prohibitum

I don't know if I am right, as I have not researched Oregon trespass law. To be safe, I would have asked for a manager, but left immediately if I kept getting flak.

The issue here is that the people calling him an a**clown have not researched it, either. Even Tom Bowers, the owner of that site, jumped on the bandwagon. There is not a single citation to relevant law on that entire thread.

See why I like GPDO so much?

That just would not happen here.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Still not worthy of a SWAT callout.

But, they have to defend their budget and big-boy toys somehow. What better way to do that than say ever job is a job for SWAT. :roll:

10. Malum Prohibitum

It has been all day, and nobody on that site has responded to any of my 5 posts.

11. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

That's because you ask questions that require people to think, and people don't like to do that.

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Very true. Unfortunately, in addition to those too lazy to do much thinking, there's a fairly large number incapable of doing so. Which could explain the dearth of responses. Don't be surprised, if you finally do receive one, it'll be incorrect or not even germane to the question...

Ya gotta remember, not everyone is as intelligent, literate, well read, capable and willing to share their knowledge as those who read and post to this site.

That started out a little tongue-in-cheek, but it is a factual statement. The people here are knowledgeable and willing to freely share that knowledge with others. A very pleasant, well informed and generous group indeed, and I'm quite proud to be a member.

13. Malum Prohibitum

The thread in the original link has disappeared . . . :sly:

14. tony218

tony218 New Member

Don't be surprised, if you finally do receive one, it'll be incorrect or not even germane to the question...

"what do the g#% d@^n germans have to do with this?"