Option to Mark an Individual Forum Read?

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by jrm, Apr 19, 2007.

1. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

GS1, is there a way to mark a single forum as read (as opposed to all forums)?

If not, can there be?

2. Taler

Taler New Member

It would be nice.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

If you go to the forum you want marked read, there is a "mark all topics read" link in the top right. I'm not exactly sure if it means all topics in every forum, or just the particular forum you happen to be in.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

It already exists. When looking at the list of topics in a forum... say the "Off Topic" forum, just above where it starts listing the topics is a link called "mark all topics read".

It will clear only the topics you have not read in Off-topic, makeing them all read.

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Can you mark all posts read - in all forums at once. It would be nice if our in the view where you see only your unread posts to have a mark all read option like on the individual forums.

I have things pretty up to date as of now but when I check back there are lots of new posts. I might only want to read a couple of them. The other topics are not of interested and it would be nice to click them all read so they drop off the list. Since they are scattered into many individual forums I have do a lot of clicking to accomplish this.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea...that already exists too... at the bottom of the forum home page... above the "who is online" block and below all the forums.

7. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

OK, thanks. I found it.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member